Search by keyword and location and click "create alert" to receive your job alerts by email:
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Job ID: 91027
Professional area: Information Technology
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
Kuala Lumpur, 14, MY, 50490
We are JTI, Japan Tobacco International, and we are present in 130 countries. We have spent years innovating, creating new and better products for the consumers to choose from. This is our business. But not only. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe that when they are free to be themselves, and they are given the opportunity to grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 83% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Global Applicants are welcome (local contract terms will apply)
Reporting to: Regional IT Director APAC, Barani Shanmugam
Role: Full time - Permanent
The objective of this position to provide the appointed market/cluster with Business Relationship Manager working with the Market/Cluster EXCOM and all D&IT Teams to create and communicate a joint business value roadmap and stimulate, surface, and shape business demand. The role will partner with individuals, teams, and organizations to drive value and meaningful results and act as a single point of contact for the markets/clusters for all D&IT service regardless of which partner team is accountable for the delivery.
As an integral part of the JTI D&IT organization, this position is to improve business performance by focusing on value over solutions, emphasizing value when developing ideas, evaluating risk, and evolving needs that support business efficiency and effectiveness. The D&IT Manager will lead a team of experts to become self-managing, so that they take ownership of their portfolio of applications & their KPI’s. He/she will re-enforce JTI D&IT technology standard and processes to help the team deliver effectively and efficient day-to-day operations.Ultimately this is a strategic leadership role that is key for the successful operation of the respective Cluster or Market. While ensuring adherence to JTI D&IT technology standards, with the direction and support of the Regional D&IT Manager, the D&IT Manager will oversse day-to-day operations and ensure that it continues to run effectively and efficiently. He/she will have full Budget accountability, supports the joint business value roadmap, and ensures that the costs to Run and build D&IT is easily explained and that spend is in line with plan.
The role may lead a geographically distributed team (virtual) of experts as defined by the region to support and assure the integrity of applications/systems/interfaces related to the functional area of expertise of the virtual team and may include one large market, with many users and sites, or several markets grouped together in a cluster, to gain synergies, physically located across multiple locations/countries.
What will you do?
Business Relationship Management
- The Cluster/Market D&IT Lead develops the D&IT strategy to support the Cluster or Market's mission and core objectives by working with the Senior Business Management teams in the location(s) for which they are responsible to fully understand their business plans. The lead will use this information and the that provided by Central D&IT teams to build joint business value roadmap and stimulate, surface, and shape business demand.
- The role will focus on value over solutions. Emphasize value when developing ideas, evaluating risk, and evolving needs.
- Proactively sense and anticipate changes affecting strategy in the environmental landscape including organizational improvements, technological advancements, and evolving organization needs. Work with leaders both inside and outside the organization, to stimulate Innovation using knowledge and awareness of industry trends to identify new opportunities to collaborate.
- Educate partners on the BRM Mindset, e.g., powerful communications, approaches, roles, and capabilities & facilitate goal-setting by communicating a shared purpose specifically shared value, beliefs, and behaviors
- Assess and advise leaders in the Cluster/Market on technologies and/or D&IT services available to support the delivery of their business plans.
- Having full responsibility for the execution of D&IT Strategy at Cluster/Market level, drive innovation in order to enable attainment of strategic objectives for future growth and profitability in the market in alignment with the JTI and D&IT vision for the future.
Capability management in region.
- When assigned by the region, this role will be accountable for a Geographically Distributed team that will be responsible for supporting a cluster of capabilities and business function using them within the region (Sales Systems for M&S, Local ERP for Finance, Data & Reporting, etc.).
- This role supervises the application portfolio of the assigned capabilities and functions including the operational excellence (incident management, maintenance, enhancement and change request, problems, etc.) as well as supervising demands. In certain circumstances be accountable for the execution of projects of that specific function.
- Within the cluster of capability, you will lead your team to work with central D&IT expert teams and your peers in the other regions to consolidate local systems and capabilities into global or regional systems with the goal of reducing cost and workload.
- This role will engage with all Market/Cluster D&IT Leads in the region and regional D&IT mgmt team to communicate the progress of current initiatives and the technology roadmap for the function. It also requires frequent alignment with the Regional Program Director in terms of capacity management & KPI’s, to ensure appropriate capacity is available within the team and the region, prioritizing the most important demands and initiatives across functions.
- During a crisis in one of the applications of your portfolio, the role needs to keep close communication with the affected Market/Cluster D&IT Lead to ensure right business impact and prioritization is given to the incident.
- When a geographically distributed team is assigned to this role, the incumbent is responsible for the career opportunities/management of the team, including development plan, career path, performance, etc.
- In addition, it should also lead the virtual D&IT team in fully embracing the Company's vision, mission and values. Create leaders in everyone around you, e.g., leadership-as-a-practice
- Align fully with People & Culture best practices on reward and recognition structures, encouraging best behaviors in support of achieving business results.
- Be directly responsible for the hiring and termination of IT contractors.
- This role should also be in frequent communication with the D&IT regional team, specifically the RPD to ensure right capacity allocation and resource availability considering prioritization of the projects in the region and other functions/areas.
- Full ownership of respective D&IT budgets in Cluster/Market. Responsible for planning of the AP/SP and LE processes and delivering financial commitments with clarity on how budget is used to run existing services, the cost of transformation/change and efficiency gained by the changes. Optimize, control and reduce costs when possible, to improve Cluster/Market efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for planning and priority setting in line with Business requirements and D&IT Strategies across the Region.
- Drive cost avoidance through the alignment as much as possible to corporate application standards (e.g. SAP for ERP, TME for the sales force, SAP HR for personnel master data), also seeking to re-use existing business application solutions across the group and leverage the existing D&IT Portfolio.
- As BRM Lead, keep close relationship with other Virtual Team Leads, in order to get the most updated plans from other functions and be able to assess the impact on the budget in the market/cluster.
- Govern system change control through compliance to D&IT policies, procedures & standards & Decrease technology risk and reduce cost through following D&IT technology standards and guidelines.
Service Delivery Management & Business Continuity / Security
- The Cluster/Market D&IT Lead is the single point of contact for all Internal Service Providers and is expected to agree KPI, highlight service issues, support remediation as well as provide feedback on end users communication and changes (Operating system upgrade, Major changes impacting accessibility or usability)
- Ensure the business community is provided with appropriate support & training/development in business systems, software and hardware in order to make effective and efficient use of systems and resources so that users are able to achieve business goals.
- Ensures business continuity, J-Sox and Audit capabilities and supports internal and external reviews. Supervises the D&IT Disaster Recovery requirements and ensure team and internal service providers review and test on a regular basis; maintains information regarding application assets & change management to ensure that current and new business risks are mitigated, and that the recovery of those applications can occur within the time scales advised and agreed with appropriate business functions.
- The Cluster/Market D&IT Manager is fully responsible for ensuring that all application in their remit are stable, reliable and compliant to the legislation (e.g. payroll, data sources and data integrity, etc.
- Fully support the Cluster/Market and global Legal teams with data investigations and chain of evidence process, using the minimum of resources, ensuring that confidentiality of the investigation is not broken.
- Leaders are expected to contribute to D&IT Innovation activities by bringing opportunities for innovation that will help provide JTI with a competitive advantage and by communicating and participating in D&IT innovation teams efforts to help everyone in JTI to embrace new ideas and concepts.
Who are we looking for?
- University Degree in Computer or Technical Science or strong IT background (additional business education is a plus).
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the IT discipline with 5+ years of those years in IT management (including people management)
- Preferred background employment experience would be in multinational companies.
- Good working knowledge of business and related processes in FMCG industry.
- Fluent oral and written English
- Proven leadership skills with business acumen to build strong business relationships at various levels of the organization, and with rich coaching background.
- Can work effectively in a geographically distributed global environment and teams.
- Strategic insight and excellent knowledge of business and related processes in areas such as M&S, P&C, Legal, Finance areas and according to Cluster/Market environment
- Good financial and budgetary understanding
- Excellent knowledge of standard D&IT technology and business applications which are standard across JTI.
- Strong understanding and awareness of JTI policies and processes and ability to leverage them in a timely and simple way.
- D&IT performance management
- Proven people management skills and understanding of virtual teams, leveraging skills and resources across a dynamic, cross-location environment.
- Culturally aware
- Ability to drive for win-win solutions, to articulate thoughts and to motivate disparate parties to work to a common goal.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Ability to innovate and think outside the box.
- Able to deliver within tight deadlines and with limited resources.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business environment and priorities.
What's in it for you?
- Work at our JTI office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Be part of a truly international and diverse company with over 40,000 employees in 130 countries.
- Experience the culture of an Investors in People certified company