Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Manager/Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications
Job Category: Public Relations/Corporate Communications
PETALING JAYA, 10, MY, 47820
We seek an experienced communications individual to join us as we expand our regional communication activities in Malaysia, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam and the UK. The position is based in Kuala Lumpur and handles Gamuda Group and Associated Companies/Projects.
- Collaborate with regional communications team (Australia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Singapore and the UK) to develop a suite of centralised multi-channel communication assets (brochures, videos, in-app content).
- Implement marketing and communications plans aligned with approved budgets.
- Corporate profiling (company and top management), media interviews, campaigns and media coverage for brand building and PR mileage.
- Create compelling content to generate engaging stories about the Group's projects.
- Management of the Group's internal and external communications channels.
- Foster strong relationships externally with media and partners, including internal stakeholders.
- Manage internal communications campaigns in change management activation and processes within internal stakeholders.
- Organise on-ground events for engagement purposes.
- Manage communication issues.
- Ensure media monitoring and social listening are done regularly.
Bachelor of Arts - Mass Communications / English Literature / Advertising or equivalent
Skills & Abilities
- Clear and concise communications skills, proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, primarily in English.
- Strategic and analytical, with a good grasp of numbers and basic calculation.
- Solid knowledge and experience in the social media landscape and management.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to establish and maintain internal and external stakeholder relations.
- Strong ability to work laterally across different business units and geographical locations and vertically across all staff levels.
- Good research, organisational and time management skills.
- Posses a high sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Can work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter who can learn, plan and deliver work efficiently.
- Driven and able to adapt to different challenges in executing the given task.
Expected Minimum Years of Experience
A minimum of six (6) years of experience in public relations, corporate communications or marketing communications roles.
Candidates with an agency background or are used to doing corporate/business/financial sectors will be an added advantage.