Assistant Accounting Manager at Elliot & Co. | Hiredly Malaysia
Assistant Accounting Manager
Elliot & Co.
This job is Assistant Accounting Manager at Elliot & Co. You will oversee accounting functions, financial reporting, tax filings, and staff management. You might like this job because it offers an opportunity to work with a pioneering team and impact startups and small-medium businesses.
RM 4000 - RM 6500
few hours ago
Job Description for Assistant Accounting Manager
You have the unique opportunity to be part of a pioneering team that is hell-bent on impacting startups, small-medium businesses through providing various cost-saving financial analytics services. You will be at the forefront of elevating the growth of both Elliot & Co and its clients.
At Elliot & Co, we operate in a casual office environment, but are very
serious about producing high-quality work with unparalleled results. As part of a growing team where our individual job titles mean little and quality of work means everything, you will be held accountable to a high standard and expected to pitch in where needed across the board.
What A Day Looks Like @ Elliot & Co
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations, review and finalise accounts to ensure accuracy Monthly, quarterly and annually financial reporting
- Preparing/ Reviewing and analyze full-set of accounts/unaudited financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness in accordance with SFRS/IFRS
- Process/review payroll/ staff reimbursements
- Review quarterly government sales tax (SST/GST) filing preparation and filing
- Provide financial advice and information on local tax-related regulations and incentives
- Ensure transactions are recorded under the correct tax categories in the system
- Prepare annual tax computation and filings including ECI
- Attending to accounting queries and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Streamlining accounting and financial reporting process to promote high efficiency and accuracy in book-keeping activities
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts and defining accounting policies and procedures
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Basic corporate secretarial duties including lodgements to ACRA and preparation of resolutions
- Perform ad hoc duties as requested
You Will Likely Succeed In This Job If:
- Excellent communication skills; being proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in full set/ GL/ Accounting to Reporting in various industries
- Able to understand Singapore Accounting and Taxation Practices and Standards including GST
- Professional Accounting Qualifications or Degree in Accounting/any related fields
- Familiar with Xero Accounting System
Xero (Accounting Software) Finance Accounting General Ledger
10AM - 6PM [Monday to Friday]
You are eligible to claim up to RM 400 per calendar year for medical expenses.
Last active - few hours ago
4 - 7 Years of Experience
Audit & Taxation, Corporate Finance / Investment, General / Cost Accounting
Elliot & Co.
Media and Marketing • 11 to 50 employees
With the perfect blend of creative innovation, strategy and execution, and with more than 250 clients who have come onboard within two year, we are one of Singapore's fastest growing public relations and digital content agencies and we've recently expanded to Malaysia! At Elliot & Co., we cut through the fluff. Instead of disposable marketing and communications tactics, we create meaning for our clients and their consumers, propelling their businesses to experience the growth they deserve. You have the unique opportunity to be part of a pioneering team that is hell-bent on changing the Public Relations scene for startups, small-medium businesses. You will be at the forefront of this incredibly talented and fast-growing team, elevating the growth of both Elliot & Co. and our clients.
Similar Jobs You Might Like
Account & HR Admin Assistant
Actually Fashion (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
Accountant / Finance Manager
Mun Hean (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
Executive Administrative Assistant
Company Secretarial Assistant/Executive
CW & Associates
Operations Assistant Manager
Hextech Management Sdn Bhd
Accounting Manager (Account department)
LINGTEC Instruments Sdn Bhd
We are on an unwavering mission to be Asia’s most loved job search platform; helping people discover any job with any employer in the market.
about us contact us newsroom FAQ Hiredly X
jobs by specialisation jobs by location jobs by type jobs by experience level companies advice
start hiring today headhunting service
© Copyright 2014 - 2023 Agensi Pekerjaan Wobb Sdn. Bhd.