Bukit Jalil, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oct 06, 2023
Up to 50% work from home
Field Integrated Marketing
Drives Microsoft's business objectives through integrated marketing campaigns aligned to globally defined priorities, strategies, and programs. Develops local marketing plans that drive customer demand based on global program availability, functional expertise, and local market knowledge and insights. Ensures marketing plan execution upholds global strategic guidance, regulatory and compliance standards and Microsoft Accessibility and Privacy principles.
- 5+ years business to business, business to consumer, digital, or experiential/event marketing experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Liberal Arts, Performing Arts, or related field AND 10+ years business to business, business to consumer, enterprise technology, digital, or experiential/event marketing experience in the technology industry
- OR equivalent experience.
8+ years marketing experience in a large multinational organization or creative/media agency.
- Drives the adoption of marketing strategy and guidelines across events. Contributes to discussions regarding budgets and production/workback schedules. Manages and implements area event strategy and volume planning that aligns across products and services to optimize customer and partner event experience. Ensures events adhere to branding, content, and timing standards in order to create a consistent Microsoft experience. Considers how to evolve events to increase the impact of multiple business groups.
- Stays up to date on new events or experiences that occur across the business, market, and/or competitors. Implements plans to create new events or experiences from senior leaders, contributing to their design and development where applicable.
- Continually builds relationships and fosters communication with marketing teams, business groups, and third-party events management to influence event-specific objectives. Acts as a lead across business groups to coordinate the development of merchandising, messaging, and marketing for events. Establishes cadence with key stakeholders and leverages standard connection rhythms to continually improve processes for an event. Oversees event vendor resources, holding them accountable for delivering on agreed upon outcomes and executing on an event's strategy.
- Manages an event brief and executes stakeholders' vision for an existing event. Manages resources such as team members, shared services, production personnel, and agencies to realize the event's design and objectives. Verifies an event's brief serves overarching objectives and target audience. Aligns event or experience design and execution to One Microsoft vision and values. Maintains a strong focus on accessibility and inclusion when executing an event or experience. Ensures events and experiences provide a safe space for attendees to have a great experience.
- Creates comprehensive event plans, creative marketing, and experience wire frames to support defined business objectives as well as ensure seamless event process flow and marketing execution landing. Provides consistent and predictable visibility to specific event or segment roadmaps and plans that contribute to key business outcomes. Creates presentation decks for outlining plans and solicits feedback from key stakeholders. Considers risk plans and potential mitigation and builds into processes.
- Plans, manages, and executes events from beginning to end, leading respective teams throughout the process. Ensures tactical plans and creative execution are carried out effectively for events and fall within predefined budget and production schedule. Determines resources that are needed for in-person and/or online events to run seamlessly (e.g., physical event set up, catering, online/embedded content) and delegates responsibilities accordingly. Decides which pre-approved vendors are most appropriate to use for a specific event. Oversees third party resources to execute and deliver on event strategy by setting and communicating timelines and priorities. Holds vendors accountable for delivering on agreed upon outcomes. Partners with key stakeholders across the marketing organization and production team to keep events running efficiently, optimizing as best as possible from an operations perspective. Delegates logistic responsibilities as needed.
- Holds accountability for managing an event budget end-to-end. Understands costing and how to prioritize where to invest monetary resources. Ensures event execution stays within budget or proposes strategic requests for additional budget as needed. Provides input to senior leaders regarding portfolio-specific or annual budgets. Promotes an event's visibility to ensure appropriate budget can be allocated towards its execution.
- Drives the metrics process by highlighting potential key performance metrics and determining how to tie metrics to a specific event within a series. Leverages business analytics and relevant metrics to maximize business impact of the event. Connects a series of events or experience programs to a target audience, modifying content, agenda, and promotional strategy to meet the needs of the targeted audience for each event. Develops and creates strategies to target appropriate audiences and meet core objectives. Cascades strategies to team members to implement. Considers how to connect an event to broader sales objectives and return on investment (ROI) on products and services. Advises core/project team on how to achieve performance metrics and maximize the impact of an event. Acts as a subject matter expert for competitive event activities and makes recommendations for providing a competitive advantage.
- Partners with stakeholders to identify and create event metrics, considering how to measure success based on a particular event's objectives. Continually connects with measurement team to refine metrics. Verifies event metrics are embedded into an event's design. Ensures consistent event insights are gathered. Assists in evaluation process to determine if metrics were achieved. Contributes to consolidating key outcomes, insights, and opportunities for improvement from events and/or programs. Learns from findings and provides input regarding best practices.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Industry leading healthcare
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Generous time away
Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations .