JobsDB – Hong Kong's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site JobsDB Login For employers Job search Profile Career advice Search Jobs
Merchandising Manager, Asia-Pacific
Berluti Hong Kong Company Limited Posted on 1-Nov-23 Apply Now
Merchandising Manager, Asia-Pacific
Berluti Hong Kong Company Limited Apply Now
- Exposure in Luxury Retail
- Collaborative Work Environment
- Extensive Training & Career Opportunities
Job Description Overview
As a Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for driving merchandising strategies and plans across five markets in APAC: Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Singapore, and Australia. Reporting to the Retail Director, APAC and functionally to the Regional Senior Merchandising Manager, you will focus on curating merchandise assortments, attending buying sessions, and maintaining effective communication with headquarters and stores. You will also be highly involved in product training, visual merchandising, and analyze commercial performance. Key Responsibilities
Buying / Merchandising:
Merchandising, Product Training & VM:
- Define and develop merchandising strategies and Open-to-Buy (OTB) plans.
- Responsible for merchandise mix and assortment planning in alignment with respective merchandising strategies.
- Attend seasonal buying sessions in Paris to ensure the right merchandise is purchased for Asia Pacific, meeting targeted sales projections and sell-throughs.
- Understand market needs to support business development.
- Maintain effective communication with headquarters (HQ) and stores on product feedback and needs.
- Prepare sales forecasts and coordinate merchandise reordering.
- Propose ready-to-sell collections for special orders, creating new opportunities.
- Review and follow up on all special orders.
Commercial Follow-up and Analysis:
- Propose store remerchandising during new product launches and season-end sales.
- Analyze sales performance through sell-through analysis and propose action plans.
- Identify training needs and prepare training materials on products.
- Review and discuss visual merchandising guidelines with VM, ensuring store displays adhere to global guidelines, new merchandise, launch schedules, advertising and promotion programs, image, sales, and stock levels.
- Arrange retail pricing for all markets in line with pricing policy and global positioning set by HQ.
- Propose seasonal discounts and control discounts within budget limits.
Qualifications & Experience
- Prepare regular reports on merchandisers' comments.
- Review sales and sell-through analyses and propose action plans if necessary.
- Maintain close relationships with retail stores.
- Monitor sales and sell-through situations, initiating appropriate strategies and tactics to liquidate stocks and boost sales.
- Handle mark-downs, mark-ups, and merchandise-related issues for seasonal sale periods.
- Follow up on the development of quality and after-sales services.
- Conduct market research on customer behavior, market trends, competitors' prices, and product offers.
Our offer besides competitive compensation and employee benefit :
- Degree holder in Business, Merchandising, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience in merchandising within the luxury retail industry.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail with good analytical and numerical sensitivity.
- Excellent fashion and market sense, particularly within the retail industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Power BI is a plus.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced luxury retail environment.
- Collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Professional growth and development opportunities.
- Exposure to international markets and renowned luxury brands.
Join our team and be part of our exciting journey in the luxury retail industry. Apply now and unleash your potential with us.
Job Type Full Time Job Functions Merchandising & Purchasing , Footwear , Handbag , Furniture
The foundations of Berluti - only masculine House of the LVMH Group - date back to Paris in 1895, and have been built by four generations of the Berlutifamily, who have cultivated exceptional know-how in the mastery of last making, a deep understanding of fine footwear and a passion for leather and patina. In 2005 fine leather goods were introduced and, in 2011, a complete clothing collection for a full lifestyleoffer.
Today Berluti’s bespoke and ready-to-wear collections of shoes and clothing offer a vocabulary for menswear that is innovative yet faithful to its traditionand style. Attention to the silhouette, research of exceptional fabrics, innovation but also respect for skill in cutting and assembling form the cornerstones of Berluti’s culture.
Additional Company Information