We’re Food+ by Compass! Although the past couple of years have been quite a rollercoaster for everyone, our amazing talented teams have continued to work tirelessly crafting incredible food experiences to help fuel the teams creating world-changing technologies at one of the world’s major tech companies!
The food and experiences we provide make quite an impact! As we further return to the office, we’re more passionate than ever about supporting the long-term success & wellness of everyone we feed, and we love what we do.
We’re excited to grow our global team of skilled culinarians, managers, food service operators and subject matter experts - this is not just a workplace, it’s a place to innovate, a platform to bring your ideas to life, contribute to a sustainable future and best of all - be a part of an awesome team!
To support our growth, we’re looking for a Regional Director - Strategic Projects to drive excellence in the service and experience of our amazing food operations! This is a senior strategic regional role that drives the holistic excellence agenda of the Compass team. It has overall responsibility for supporting the operational teams in each country to set the standard for operational, culinary, hospitality and overall business excellence within our cafe, food spots and events catering operations across the APAC region.
This role will identify strengths and improvement opportunities, audit, motivate, train, develop and direct team members to deliver excellence and accomplish daily projects and administrative tasks in line with all client and company guidelines. This position oversees the project management, regional operational and administrative tasks, including financial management and analysis, sanitation and safety pertaining to the projects they are actively managing.
The Director will lead a team as well as focus on innovative hospitality and creating the cafe and food spot experience program in order to support the best experience possible. This position reports into the Regional Director of Operations and will leverage their strong project management, communication, hospitality, operational and financial skills to partner with key stakeholders (culinary, nutrition, marketing, behavioral science, concept development, procurement, risk management, operations and people) to promote the highest standards, expectations and enhance user (partner) experience.
Our account is unique, and so are you. You will have poise and the innate ability to navigate and leverage a dynamic partner relationship in our complex & exciting world!
The role will be based in Singapore.
The great things you’ll do:
- Accountable for the success of all new cafe and food spot development
projects in the region.
- Supporting any new business opportunities in the region including
developing operations solutions in support of company's design and development process.
- Management and delivery of successful mobilization for new openings and
- Leads support team and coordinates with regional leadership to successfully launch new unit openings and refreshes: Opening timelines; CapEx equipment; Merchandising and smallware (small equipment); Forecasting and labor pro forma.
- Has knowledge of and enforces the Compass contractual agreement and statement of work.
- Responsible for operational standards and excellence during all projects.
- Supports teams to develop operational standards and systems that are efficient, sustainable and built for growth.
- Coordinate with APAC Culinary Council and relevant Global support teams to develop and implement branded concepts.
- Support operations to implement services and standards that create moments that matter and an exceptional hospitality experience.
- Knowledge of and adherence to program budgets for projects.
- Capture key learnings, successes and innovations, from new openings and
introduce, train, and cascade back to existing operations.
- Designs, manages, audits and owns the overall hospitality and core program experience.
- Leads projects to enhance, realign and adapt the Food Spots across the region as required.
- Sets and mentors the expectation of hospitality that is friendly and engaging to exemplify the Food Program in every cafe.
- Has a passion for excellence, service, hospitality and dining experiences.
- Leads both short and long range hospitality and operational projects from
strategy through implementation.
- Maintains high standards for all implemented Food Programs, hospitality,
workplace safety, food safety, and financial projects, including consistent and on-going audits and mentoring or coaching to standards.
- Provides high level partnership with our client partner to achieve
- Trains and develops the management team to achieve excellence.
- Monitors and manages all financial responsibilities including budgets and
forecasts, aligned to respective projects.
- Creates a culture of Food and Workplace Safety.
- Conducts all coaching sessions, and disciplinary actions in a professional and timely manner.
- Sets a high bar for professionalism. Treats all customers and employees with professionalism, care and respect.
- Responds to all comments and complaints in a timely manner and follows up with a written or verbal response with copies to the Leadership Team and our partner, pertaining to their respective projects.
What we look for in a great candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Hotel/Restaurant or Business Management is preferred. or equivalent professional experience.
- Has a minimum of 10 years food service multi-unit management experience
- Passion for hospitality, innovation and creative experiences
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with all levels within the organization
- A proven track record of leadership
- Proven coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams
- Creates a culture of food and workplace safety
- Proven ability to maximize budget, enhance user experience and creativity
across all channels in alignment with business strategy
- Demonstrates good judgement and decision making skills
- Maintain a positive attitude under pressure and motivate team
- General culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High proficiency in use of Google Workspace Tools such as Docs, Sheets, Slides. Knowledge of Microsoft Word. Excel and Powerpoint are an added advantage
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to speak and present effectively in a group setting to Associates, Managers and our partner and represent the Compass Brand
- Think fast, use technology - Finds new/quicker ways of meeting goals, shows conviction in own judgement and decisions and responds quickly under pressure
- Openly share and co-create – Delegates tasks to develop others
- Passion for Quality – Takes personal responsibility for correcting customer service problems, consistently sets demanding performance expectations and sets priorities to maximise benefits
- Win through Teamwork – Pursues friendly relationships with colleagues, shares own knowledge and insight and displays a high level of energy and commitment to the organisation
- Embrace Diversity – Listens to others and values their contributions, receptive to new and builds on ideas and acts in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Takes Responsibility and making the big calls – Uses the right influencing
techniques to gain the necessary commitment and support from others, both internally and externally
- Taking the responsible approach to business
Sound good? Apply now to take your seat at our Global table!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass Group, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience.
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Singapore?
How many years' experience do you have as a Strategic Projects Director?
Do you have any leave planned in the next 6 months?