With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Chief Engineer manages the maintenance and repair of the hotel buildings, grounds and contents in a cost-effective manner, ensuring the efficient and safe operation of all plant and equipment in line with Hilton and hotel policies and procedures.
What will I be doing?
As the Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Plan and carry out a range of engineering, management and maintenance work.
• Plan and implement duty rosters, carry out maintenance repairs and ensure a smooth transition of duty.
• Be in charge of the Engineering store and energy saving team.
• Supervise the M&E system, equipment repair and maintenance.
• Schedule staff training, evaluate and improve employee performance.
• Be responsible for hotel property maintenance and safety.
• Carry out energy, environmental protection, fire prevention and safety management.
• Make sure that routine operations of the Engineering department runs smoothly.
• Carry out thorough building inspections to ensure high quality of repair and maintenance and that they meet set standards.
• Inspect all equipment and ensure efficient production and technology management of equipment maintenance.
• Read technical reports and check all daily reports to ensure safe and normal operations of all equipment.
• Arrange work intensity effectively to ensure maximum productivity and well-balanced labour.
• Implement maintenance repairs and ensure an effective maintenance program.
• Keep in contact with the Banquet department to be informed of event requirements to be prepared.
• Schedule periodical work reports to improve working efficiency of the Engineering department.
• Plan and implement multi-skills training for staff to improve work efficiency and quality.
• Carry out effective control on the purchase for Engineering stock to minimize wastage and maximize cost savings.
• Read water quality reports and ensure the supply of good quality water from the water treatment system.
• Coordinate with the Security department, hold fire prevention and safety meetings and ensure the effective operation of the fire prevention system.
• Monitor the energy usage, making statistics of energy consumption, and impose energy saving measures.
• Keep in contact with local authorities to solve related problems.
• Maintain efficient communications with other departments to form an effective communication net among different departments.
• Make good use of materials, minimize wastage and be environmentally friendly.
What are we looking for?
A Chief Engineer serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Proficient in English to meet business needs.
• At least 10 years of experience in hotel / building services or other appropriate engineering fields.
• At least 3 years in a Chief Engineer position or 5 years in an Assistant Chief Engineer position in a 5-star hotel.
• Have specialized knowledge on water treatment, hydraulics, mechanics, chillers, air flows, H.V.A.C., L.V., electronics, sound, TV, lighting, elevators, boilers, pumps, etc.
• Capable of maintenance for all hotel building services including air-conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration, electrical installation, lighting system, plumbing system, boiler, laundry, kitchen, lift, fire protection, escalator, sound system, TV system, etc.
• Possess knowledge of the requirements of government regulations and technical rules.
• Capable of following specifications for hotel services.
• Possess knowledge of energy conservation.
• Capable of training Engineering Team Members.
MEANINGFUL BENEFITS FOR YOUR CAREER & WELL-BEINGWe support the well-being and performance of Team Members with industry-leading rewards, recognition and support to meet their needs and dreams: Best-in-Class PTO
* The salary benchmark is based on the target salaries of market leaders in their relevant sectors. It is intended to serve as a guide to help Premium Members assess open positions and to help in salary negotiations. The salary benchmark is not provided directly by the company, which could be significantly higher or lower.