Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Reporting into the Procurement Excellence Manager AMPEA, the Sustainability Manager APMEA (Procurement) will be accountable for the delivery of Regional Sustainability targets in line with Procurement’s Global strategy and plan, encompassing Responsible Sourcing, Climate Action (Scope 3 emissions) and Circular Economy (plastics) through leveraging global Procurement Excellence and regional Category Management supplier relationships. As this area continues to evolve, to keep abreast with the changes in the external environment and provide technical expertise and understanding to evaluate, develop and execute Kerry’s Beyond the Horizon commitments.
As the Sustainability Manager APMEA (Procurement):
- Regional project execution and reporting on targets/ KPIs against the following commitments; Responsible Sourcing, Climate Action (renewable energy and Scope 3 emissions) and Circular Economy (plastics)
- Communicating regional requirements into Global Procurement Sustainability strategy and implementation plans
- Executing regional portfolio of Sustainability projects, including Sedex programme and the enabling of the verification of key material categories
- Build the Sustainability brand with stakeholders and partners e.g. suppliers, customers and the general members of the Food industry
- Engage with Global Procurement Excellence team to input regional requirements for strategy, targets and roadmap
- Develop a regional roadmap, including prioritisation to implement Sustainability strategy based on impact
- Collaborate with regional cross-functional teams and Kerry-wide stakeholder groups, to deliver on projects and share best practice
- Collaborate with the Global Sustainability Procurement Excellence team for expertise, ideas and innovation and successful cross-regional practises
- Lead regional Sustainability forums across Kerry and within IO to report on lagging and leading indicating KPIs
- Provide input into regional customer engagement on Sustainability, e.g. share project progress, data and information
- Liaise with Learning and Development to develop value-add learning opportunities for the Procurement team
- Regional Engineering Sustainability Business Partner, Regional Heads of HSE, Regional COOs, Group Sustainability, RD&A, EUM / Sub-region Heads, Suppliers and Customers.
- Strong engagement, partnership and matrix management skills that reflects The Kerry Way and Kerry Values
- Excellent at linking insights and technical development in methodologies and standards in the Sustainability arena to keep Kerry abreast and incorporating it into the strategy and its execution in the region
- Experienced in the sustainability space for FMCGs from an end to end supply chain interlinkages
- Have led with successful implementation of projects in relation to sustainability in the APMEA region working with key stakeholders eg government/policy makers, businesses, vendors and farmers (where applicable)
- A highly creative mindset to suggest new approach and solution to current situation/challenges
- Highly developed communication & presentation skills
- A highly consistent and focused approach in delivery, yet respecting local differences and ways of working
- Strong Influencing People, Conflict Management, Ethics & Values, Ownership and Drive For Results skillset
We want to attract talented, creative, hardworking, enthusiastic people in order to create an environment that fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, allows employees to advance based on performance, and reward them for helping Kerry thrive.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Have worked with FMCGs on scoping, leading and execution of projects on the ground in APMEA
- Relevant experience or certification in Sustainability
- Good international experience and know-how of the APMEA region on diversity in cultural differences and approaches
- Degree educated
- Preference for Multi language ability (Mandarin, English, Bahasa, etc)
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent us. A Kerry employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Kerry email address or phone number. In addition, Kerry does not currently utilise video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews. Refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing a “starter kit,” investing in training, or something similar). Kerry will not ask you to pay any money at any point in the hiring process with the exception of reimbursable travel expenses. In addition, any payments made by Kerry will be from official firm accounts bearing the Kerry name.