Job Location : Orchard
Work timings : 5 days works week inclusive of weekends & P.H. ; 930-630pm & 1230-930pm
Benefits : Basic + AWS + VB
Duties and Responsibilities – Retail Manager
Sales Floor Operation, Staff Management and Customer Service
1. Manage day-to-day sales operations, develop and execute business plans to achieve sales growth and profit targets. Keep up-to-date on store information and product knowledge to sell and promote merchandise and services of the company employing a consistently high level of service.
2. Stationed on sales floor during store operation hours to lead and motivate sales staff and promoters to carry out their duties effectively and efficiently and to achieve sales, profit and stock targets; ensure that staff and promoters adhere to company policies, rules and regulations. Lead and motivate section’s staff to carry out their duties effectively and efficiently and to achieve profit and sales targets.
3. Ensure that sales area, fitting rooms, stock rooms, showcases and fixtures are always clean and tidy. Ensure also that merchandises on display are clean and neat and that sales staff and promoters observe safety procedures. Control and maintain procedures for fitting rooms.
4. Conduct On-The-Job training – coach staff on service etiquettes, selling techniques, merchandise knowledge, grooming standards and provide POS training. Check on staff and promoters’ performance and discipline. Ensure that all staff and promoters provide the highest level of service to customers; adhere to company policies, rules and regulations; behave according to business etiquette and standards set by the company; and that all staff and promoters are properly dressed and groomed.
5. Effective planning of monthly staff rosters for department manager’s approval; ensure optimal management of manpower strength.
6. Handle and resolve customers’ enquiries and complaints expeditiously. Develop regular customers, update and maintain their records, know them by their names and their shopping interests, research customers’ profiles and obtain their feedback. Maintain and update data bank of regular customers, ensure effective and systematic customer data resources system.
7. Check / approve return or exchange of goods; approval of credit vouchers.
Merchandising and Market Research
8. Plan and control open-to-buy budget through constant review of stock level, stock assortment, delivery schedule and identification of fast-selling and dead stocks and to achieve feedback through frequent consultation with retail advisors and staff.
9. Assist in the implementation of merchandising plans and strategies; to maximize sales and minimize losses through the management of staff, merchandise and space.
10. Assist in the enhancement of online store sales.
11. Forecast and analyze fashion and demand trends, recommend new merchandise mix and suppliers.
12. Assist the department manager in developing new merchandise concept and subsequent promotion and marketing of the product.
13. Plan effective and efficient sourcing and procurement systems, source and procure merchandise.
14. Assist in the negotiation with vendors / suppliers for most favorable terms and conditions and to plan major vendor programs in important growth areas. If necessary, co-ordinate and conduct business meetings with vendors / suppliers and prepare business correspondence.
15. Plan and organize merchandise purchase and delivery schedule from overseas buying trips.
16. Conduct market survey, research trade information and analysis on competitors’ stores; provide reports, feedback and recommendations.
Advertising & Promotions Events / Merchandise Presentation
17. Prepare and execute advertising and promotion plans, budgets and schedules; plan and execute effective merchandise zoning, layout and display working closely with Visual Display team and vendors to present merchandise in an exciting and interesting manner to portray the desired concept / theme.
18. Advice and feedback to department manager on display locations and fixtures to maximize visual impact; feedback on point of sale, publicity on the effectiveness of A&P programs.
19. Assist in supporting the use of digital marketing for better customer engagement and business growth for the physical store and online store.
20. Provide and analyze sales, profit and stock budgets/reports. Prepare sales budget and any other forms and reports required by the company.
21. Review purchases regularly and provide recommendations on appropriate actions to be taken, manage physical stock takes and regular stock checks. Ensure that all purchase orders, notices of price revisions, goods returns are duly completed and processed according to established procedures. Facilitate smooth movement of stocks to and from the sales floor. Effect shortage control audits.
Safety and Security
22. Ensure that staff and promoters observe safety and security procedures.
23. Report any shoplifting case to security personnel and to attend to the necessary follow-up action.
24. Any other job-related duties as and when assigned by the company.
* The salary benchmark is based on the target salaries of market leaders in their relevant sectors. It is intended to serve as a guide to help Premium Members assess open positions and to help in salary negotiations. The salary benchmark is not provided directly by the company, which could be significantly higher or lower.