Position Reports to:
Aviation Lead-Africa, Middle East, and Pakistan (AMEP)
Primary Purpose of the Position:
SJ is growing its regional Airport Design team due to increased demand for consulting within the aviation sector.
The Deputy Aviation Lead for the Aviation Design Centre will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing various aspects of aviation projects with a strong focus on business development and the ability to draft technical proposals to support the Aviation regional team.
• Support the Aviation Lead (AMEP) in identifying and pursuing aviation opportunities in the AMEP region.
• Assist in meeting the target yearly Regional Aviation Budget and P&L objectives.
• Lead and develop the technical proposals for aviation projects, in response to client requirements, clearly articulating project approaches, methodologies, and deliverables.
• Ensure that technical proposals align with industry best practices, regulations, and client
• Collaborate with the Aviation Lead to develop and implement project management plans, schedules, and budgets.
• Identify and pursue business opportunities within the Aviation sector in the region to support the growth and expansion of the organization.
• Foster relationships with potential clients, stakeholders, and key industry partners.
• Contribute to the development of business strategies and participate in the formulation of proposals.
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients to understand their needs and expectations.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, architects, planners, and other project management professionals, to ensure seamless project delivery.
• Identify potential risks and challenges associated with aviation projects and develop mitigation
• Monitor project progress for the regional aviation projects and take proactive measures to address issues and deviations from the plan.
• Stay updated on relevant aviation regulations, standards, and industry trends.
• Ensure that projects comply with all applicable regulations and guidelines.
• Leadership Skills
• Technical Proficiency
• Communication Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem-solving and Decision-Making
• Collaborative Team Player
• Regulatory Compliance
• Strategic Thinking
• Team Management
• Time Management
• Professional Integrity
Key Performance Indicators:
• Project Success
• Business Development
• Proposal Effectiveness
• Proposal Quality
• Client Satisfaction
• Client Feedback Scores
• Team Leadership
• Team Productivity
• Employee Satisfaction
• Risk Management
• Regulatory Compliance
• Implementation of Best Practices
• Process Improvement Initiatives
• Leadership Development
• Training and Development
• Succession Planning
• P&L and Budget Targets
• Profit Margin
• Market Expansion
• Geographic Expansion
Key Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Aeronautics, Business Aviation Administration, Aviation Planning, Transportation Planning, Civil/Transportation Engineering, Architecture, or a related field.
• An advanced degree (MBA, MSc) is preferred
• Minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in Business Development, project or design management in the Airport Development projects, Business Development with a focus on business development.
• Consultancy Experience from top-tier international consultants is a must.
• Prior Middle East experience is a must
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Proven track record in successfully leading and delivering aviation projects.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good knowledge and connections with key clients in the Middle East Aviation Sector
• Good knowledge of ICAO, FAA, IATA, and GACA regulations and standards.
* The salary benchmark is based on the target salaries of market leaders in their relevant sectors. It is intended to serve as a guide to help Premium Members assess open positions and to help in salary negotiations. The salary benchmark is not provided directly by the company, which could be significantly higher or lower.