Head of Communication & Public Relations. Amazon stores KSA - Job ID: 2461605 | Amazon.jobs Skip to main content
Job ID: 2461605 | Afaq Q Tech General TradingApply now
Amazon is seeking a self-motivated, highly organised, and creative communications professional to manage Stores PR Amazon in Saudi Arabia, supporting across wider Middle East and North Africa (MENA) PR as needed. The individual can either be based in Riyadh or Dubai, and will be part of the wider MENA Stores PR team.
The individual will develop and lead local PR campaigns that increase awareness and build momentum around new and established products and services, generate excitement for large scale shopping occasions, and demonstrate the value customers get while shopping on Amazon. The individual will help deliver strategies to build Amazon’s local relevance, and brand warmth among target audiences.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in consumer PR with a proven track record of planning and delivering creative digital PR campaigns; a strong understanding of the current media/social media landscapes; best-in-class local media contacts; experience of delivering successful influencer campaigns, utilising both organic and paid routes; and experience of delivering measurable results in both key brand and commercial metrics. They should be both a strategic and creative thinker, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture, and roll up their sleeves to get the job done independently with the obsessive attention to quality and detail.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage Stores PR for Saudi Arabia including the development and delivery of all PR plans and campaign executions.
• Support content development and review needs in Arabic and English across (but not limited to) press releases, talking points, briefing documents, case studies, and other collateral for the media that advance Amazon strategic priorities in Saudi Arabia.
• Lead day-to-day contact and relationship building with key reporters for the business area. The individual will work to generate impactful coverage, influence reporting and will be responsible to drive story ideation to media placement.
• Utilise media/industry/customer insights to inform strategies and best practices.
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges and issues / media inquiries related to the business.
• Manage influencer relationships and campaigns in Saudi Arabia, identifying the right influencers / content creators to collaborate with across PR campaigns, managing the process from brief to execution
• Support the management of @AmazonKSA social calendar and deliver PR-driven social media focused content/campaigns in Saudi Arabia.
• Establish strong working relationships with internal stakeholder teams – both locally and globally - including retail, marketing, and other PR peers.
• Work closely with multiple team members, as well as agency partners, to support the successful delivery of proactive PR campaigns.
• Work to regularly monitor results throughout campaign execution, making recommendations for continuous improvement. Analyse results alongside the team and PR agencies, and package up reports for internal Amazon stakeholders.
• Team player who will roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
• Proactive in the extreme, enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen – often to a tight deadline.
• Analytical and structured with outstanding attention to detail and program management experience.
• Moves fast with strong bias for action but maintains high standards on the work and the results.
• Highly organized and is able to juggle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
• Pivots quickly and is able to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events which require timely response or turnaround.
• Maintains a high-level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Jeddah, SAU | Riyadh, SAU
- 7+ years of recent professional communications or public relations experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or a related field
- Masters degree is appreciated.
* The salary benchmark is based on the target salaries of market leaders in their relevant sectors. It is intended to serve as a guide to help Premium Members assess open positions and to help in salary negotiations. The salary benchmark is not provided directly by the company, which could be significantly higher or lower.