Job Description - Regional General Manager – Full and Focused Services, Indonesia & Timor Leste (HOT0A124)
Regional General Manager – Full and Focused Services, Indonesia & Timor Leste (
: DoubleTree by Hilton Jakarta Diponegoro 17 Jalan Pegangsaan Timur Central Jakarta 10310
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The General Manager has the responsibility of the total performance of the property, implementing agreed Hilton strategies, ensuring the business has the correct focus to deliver the right level of profitability.
This role leads a team of highly experienced senior executives including Director of Operations, Director of Finance, Director of Human Resources and the Commercial Director. As a team, he / she will build and maintain a good public image for the hotel and achieve an 'esprit de corps' amongst team members.
What will I be doing?
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Recognize Hilton's brand culture and live Hilton's values by example every day.
- Lead the hotel to achieve the key performance indicators, including but not limited to manage ongoing profitability of your hotel, ensuring earnings and revenue, team member and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Make annual / quarterly / monthly budget, forecast and work plan, implementing them effectively.
- Lead in all key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and Hilton.
- Deliver achievable hotel budgets and set other short- and long- term strategic goals for the property.
- Ensure that Hilton brand standards are fully implemented, and hotel comply with all regulatory requirements which include hygiene and safety standards.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within Hilton.
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with the HOD team, respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Maintain good communication with the owner company periodically to ensure that it is aware of the hotel's operating conditions and it is satisfied with the hotel's operation.
- Perform all relevant requirements and tasks of Hilton.
Primary focus is as General Manager of the base hotel, however in addition supports all aspects of the hotels within the designated Area. Provides support and direction including commercial, financial, operations and HR responsibility utilizing approx. 20-30% of time on Regional Role:
- Ensures total performance of all portfolio hotels across the assigned region, implements agreed Hilton strategies, ensures the business has the correct focus and delivers the right level of profitability for both existing and opening hotels.
- Carefully assesses each hotel in terms of maximizing its profitability/potential and devise plans (including Capex plans) with local management as appropriate.
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained across all hotels so that respective brand standards are maintained.
- Works with hotel owners and ensures relationships are robust and that Hilton’s values/standards are maintained.
- Ensures the development and execution of strategic sales and marketing initiatives.
- Ensure all senior managers and directors are recruited, developed, and motivated so that there is a clear focus on ensuring regional and property objectives are met within the overall strategic and commercial plans for the region.
- Supports the implementation and execution of all area and regional goals, projects, initiatives, policies, and events for a given region of hotels, as instructed by the Senior Director Operations
- Represents Hilton on various associations and committees within a region.
- Supports and drive a positive people culture by coordinating “cross Hotel” training, brand exposure.
- Drives and coordinates any cost, area or consolidation efficiencies between hotels.
What are we looking for?
A General Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Hospitality: You are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership: Strive to be leader in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork: You are team player in everything you do.
- Ownership: You are owner of your actions and decisions.
- Now: You operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Hospitality / travel / leisure industry management professional.
- Strong proficiency in English to meet business needs, with the ability to do some translations.
- Resourceful, creative and maintain flexibility.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!