#08-01/02, Perennial Business City, 1 Venture Avenue, Singapore 608521
Build a career with confidence
Carrier Global Corporation, global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions is committed to creating solutions that matter for people and our planet for generations to come. From the beginning, we've led in inventing new technologies and entirely new industries. Today, we continue to lead because we have a world-class, diverse workforce that puts the customer at the center of everything we do.
About the role
As the Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager, you will oversee crucial functions related to cost-effective procurement and efficient inventory management, supporting regional sales and field operations in Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei. Your responsibilities encompass implementing cost reduction strategies to align with the organization's financial goals and enhance net inventory turns (NITO). Additionally, you'll develop a robust commodity and supplier management strategy, fostering supplier relationships for quality and cost-effectiveness. You will also lead the Purchasing operations team across Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei, which includes inter-company finished goods, sub-contractors, and general procurement. This position plays a pivotal role in maintaining a competitive edge and achieving substantial cost savings while optimizing inventory turnover.
As a Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Mentor and develop team members, conducting quarterly performance evaluations to provide valuable feedback.
- Ensure the accurate execution of purchase orders and effective material schedule management for timely site deliveries.
- Offer recommended solutions and guidance to address operational challenges, promoting a culture of ethics, safety, and adherence to corporate purchasing policies.
- Consistently exemplify Role Model leadership, fostering team engagement and demonstrating commitment to excellence.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of industry best practices, setting goals, crafting strategies, policies, processes, and procedures to enhance operational performance.
- Oversee and track purchasing objectives & KPIs, taking charge of tracking year-over-year cost savings, inventory turnover, supplier quality, and delivery performance.
- Investigate and implement enhancements to systems such as SAP and Ariba.
- Drive rapid productivity improvements and standardization efforts across the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Stay updated with global policies, changes in procurement practices, and legal requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures to optimize inventory costs, streamline processes, and find effective solutions, focusing on year-over-year cost savings.
- Manage purchase orders, supplier agreements, purchasing policies, and standard procedures.
- Identify and foster relationships with high-quality suppliers offering competitive prices while upholding ethical standards.
- Collaborate with suppliers to improve processes and maximize inventory management efficiency.
- Oversee and manage supplier relationships, addressing issues related to stock discrepancies, quality control, processes, and performance.
- Implement an evaluation system for supplier quotations, ensuring quality, pricing, delivery, and service meet rigorous standards.
- Drive ARIBA implementation, providing guidance, and coaching the team on supplier onboarding and purchasing processes in ARIBA.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant purchasing policies, laws, and regulations.
- Lead forecasting and finished goods planning, and logistics planning efforts to provide expert insights and guidance.
- Take charge of inventory planning to establish efficient and flexible inventory processes.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely inventory supply while minimizing holding costs.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to forecast, plan, and facilitate on-time material deliveries, manage inventory risks, and develop contingency plans.
- Ensure the effectiveness and integrity of inventory systems, with a focus on SAP and Ariba.
- Generate and maintain precise inventory reports and liaise with finance and accounting on cost-related matters.
- Implement effective S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) and drives cross functional teams to identify and address Excess & Obsolescence (E&O) inventory promptly.
We are looking for people who are experienced in Planning and Inventory control. If this is you, get in touch.
As a minimum you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Purchasing Management, Supply Chain, or a related engineering field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Purchasing supervisory role with a strong emphasis on inventory control and cost saving leadership skills.
- Possesses an excellent grasp of procurement best practices, sourcing methods, and contract negotiations. Advantageous to have experience in managing subcontractor tender processes and agreements in the building industry.
- Familiarity with relevant contract laws, regulations, and adherence to ethical standards pertaining to purchasing.
- Effective presentation, communication, and interpersonal abilities to work with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills and the capability to establish and sustain supplier relationships.
- An independent driver that exhibits strong data analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools, such as SAP (MRP), ARIBA, and advanced Microsoft Excel will be an added advantage.
- Places a significant focus on ensuring customer satisfaction, a commitment to continuous improvement, and rigorous compliance with EH&S regulations.
- Willingness and availability to travel within Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei as required.
We are committed to offering competitive benefits programs for all of our employees and enhancing our programs when necessary.
Our commitment to you
Our greatest assets are the expertise, creativity, and passion of our employees. We strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops, and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork, and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. We strive to create an environment where you feel that you belong, with diversity and inclusion as the engine to growth and innovation. We develop and deploy best-in-class programs and practices, providing enriching career opportunities, listening to employee feedback, and always challenging ourselves to do better. This is The Carrier Way.
Join us and make a difference.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice