Analytical Sales Engineer - Water Market
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Join us as Senior Analytical Sales Engineer for the Process Automation Business Area where you will be responsible for sales of products/systems/services for ABB Analyzer focusing on Continuous Water Analyzer product within a designated market in accordance with strategy. Achieving both qualitative and quantitative sales targets in a profitable way, order growth, revenues, profitability, market share and customer satisfaction. Building long term customer relationships and managing resolution to specific customer needs and issues.
Reporting to Business Manger and this position will be based in Subang Jaya, Malaysia.
- Selling products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Divisions
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and aligning to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process
- Preparing sales plans using company tools and performing regular status reviews and proposing recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls
- Creating added value for the customer, ABB and ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts, and proposals by using effective sales techniques
- Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions)
- Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers. Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross collaboration
- Managing administrative procedures in sales processes, and supports collection and project management activities when needed
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering with more than 8 years of experience in analytical sales and solutions
- Strong preference of relevant background in water & waste water, General Industries and Utilities
- Strong knowledge on technical, targeted customers – analyzers, knowledge on local market
- Proven ability to develop and manage customer relationships with key decision makers of existing and potential customers
- Proven ability to develop and manage local sales organization with key success
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills. Had experienced and involved in strategic pursuit / framework agreements / new developments
- Knowledge on the market of Continuous Water Analyzers system and others would be an advantages
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Paid Parental leave (gender neutral)
- Sick pay
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid