Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for an exciting new opportunity? Look no further! RPO Recruitment is partnering with a leading construction company to find a dynamic and skilled individual to join their team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all quantity surveying activities for various construction projects. You will work closely with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure accurate cost estimation, effective budget control, and successful project completion.
If you are a proactive, detail-oriented professional with excellent communication and negotiation skills, we would love to hear from you!
- Estimating and negotiating change orders throughout the construction lifecycle.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Review and participate with the design services team and general contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes and assist the general contractor to ensure that their data/ information provided is accurate.
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost impact.
- Work proactively with minimal supervision to resolve scheduling issues.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment tracking logs.
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions with stakeholders.
- We require someone to support and lead teams in delivery of project scope.
- Building a trusting relationship with clients is essential.
- Assisting senior management to grow and develop the business unit via setting up meetings, staying close to client needs, seeking opportunities and converting these opportunities.
- Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
- Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
- Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
- Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
- Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes.
- Qualified to professional standard in Quantity Surveying with membership of an appropriate professional body ie. South African Council of Quantity Surveying and/or similar membership to another professional body. This includes education to degree level.
- Relevant successful experience of provision of estimating and/or QS services in a mining environment to high profile or complex major projects or programmes. (Experience working on mining and industrial projects such as mining development projects, process plants will be advantageous)
- Knowledge of project management, planning, risk, and investment processes.
- A strong technical cost management or estimating competency is essential
- Must have knowledge in the use and benefits of cost management systems
- Salary: R840K/yr - R1Mil/yr, negotiable
- Private Health Insurance
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
RPO is a Specialist Recruitment Agency that provides candidates and clients with unique recruitment solutions tailored to their needs. We focus on helping you reach your personal and professional goals by connecting you to your perfect career path.
· Our client is offering a highly competitive salary for this role based on experience.
· Apply for this role today, contact Meghan du Plessis or Riana Hattingh at RPO Recruitment or on LinkedIn
· You can also visit the RPO Recruitment website: rporecruitment.us or email us your CV: Engineers@rpo-recruit.za.com
We will contact you telephonically in 3 days should you be suitable for this vacancy. If you are not suitable, we will put your CV on file and contact you regarding any future vacancies that arise.