Rand Water is currently looking for a Principal Researcher to ensure the alignment of research initiatives to Rand Water’s strategy by providing the necessary guidance in the execution of research projects that will allow the business to remain agile from the insights received relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honours Degree in Industrial Psychology, Social Science or equivalent – Essential.
- Post Graduate Qualification in Statistics - Advantageous
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Applicant must have in-depth knowledge and experience in conducting quantitative, qualitative, hybrid research as well as conventional and unconventional approaches to research
- Experience in using statistical software, e.g., SPSS, Survey System, Survey Monkey, etc.)
- Applicant must have extensive knowledge of research projects management
- Budget management
- Supervision of staff reporting to this role
- To deliver knowledge and insight into the organisation in line with the organisational strategic objectives as well as for existing and anticipated challenges
- Ability to study the environment and commission appropriate research to support the organisation
- Oversee the execution and implementation of qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Provide direction and guidance in research design
- Prepare reports and present findings to internal and external stakeholders and management
- Proactively engage with individuals or teams to understand their research requirements before initiating a course of action.
- Understand the objectives and needs of the organization and the internal client (departments and sections within the business) to target research to their benefit
- Ensure accurate and credible information is easily available for decision makers
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry and related fields being researched
- Based on past research findings and knowledge identify and recommend future researchprogrammes that will contribute towards the improvement of business processes
- Review and enhance reports by providing insightful analysis and recommendations, beyond the obvious analysis
- Is a capable facilitator i.e., can present research findings to managerial level (and other audiences) and elicit diagnostic and analytical information in a coherent manner
- Co-create improvement plans with clients and follow up with to encourage implementation thereof.
- Early recognition and communication of market trends in terms of employee engagement, customer satisfaction levels, brand awareness, changing customer segments and other organisational touch points, based on research findings
- Budget management
- Use statistical programmes/software (e.g., Survey System, SPSS, Survey Monkey, etc) to execute research projects through the entire lifecycle.
- Perform advanced statistical analysis
- Simplify complex data into user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids
- For continuous improvement, devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, focus groups, questionnaires, and opinion polls.
- Implement best practice
- Supervise and manage staff reporting to this role by managing their activities when conducting fieldwork, data analysis and interpretation and reporting
- Provide training and information sharing sessions within the division to ensure continuous learning and skills development
- Research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) – advanced
- Project management – advanced
- Budget management – intermediate
- Statistical and graphical analysis of data – advanced
- Microsoft office – advanced
Delivers under high pressure settingsProfessionalAccuracy – paying attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Critical-thinking skills
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facilitation skills
- Accuracy skills
- Deadline driven
- Results orientated
- Planning and scheduling
- Team player
- Ability to communicate with different levels of management and staff
Rand Water as an organization has the right to fill or not fill any advertised positions
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and/ or people with disabilities to give effect to Rand Water's Employment Equity objectives.
Be aware of fraudulent activities and unwarranted misrepresentations on behalf of Rand Water. No money exchangeor any form of reward is expected from potential applicants in response to any vacant positions or similar advertisements. Pleasevisit our Rand Water website to confirm official opportunities available OR report any suspicious activities to the Rand Water hotline:0800 212 364.
Cancel Request to Remove Personal Information?
Terms & Conditions
You need a complete profile before you can make applications. Would you like to complete your profile now?
You have incomplete applications, view the application to complete
Profile Import Options
Log In Only: Just log in and do not change my profile.
Import and Keep: Import my profile and update matched sections. KEEP sections that do not match. Be sure to clean up any duplicates.
Import and Delete: Import my profile and update matched sections. DELETE sections that do not match.