From Merchandising and Marketing - Product Development and Design, through to Supply Chain and Space Planning - our mission is to bring stylish wardrobe, home and beauty essentials to our customers via an easy, inspiring shopping experience online and in store that will delight them every time.
As we accelerate the transformation of our business to suit the changing needs of our customer, we need results-orientated colleagues that not only have a passion for our product, but a strong team working ethos, creativity and a healthy commercial aim to join us on our journey.
Please note this role is based in Pakistan
What you'll do...
As the Ethical Trading Compliance Manager your main role will be to support the delivery of the Clothing and Home Ethical Trading strategy in Pakistan, implementing the ethical compliance monitoring audit programme and policies and driving industry leading social and ethical programmes & projects in the M&S supply chain.
Your key accountabilities will include
- Regular visits to all M&S suppliers’ production sites in Pakistan to follow up audit findings and carry out one day assessment audits where necessary to ensure they are upholding the M&S Global Sourcing Principles.
- Monitoring factory compliance and improving supplier understanding of Marks &Spencer requirements by advising factories to develop and implement corrective action plans(CAPARs) for identified issues in 3rd party audits.
- Regular tier 2 site monitoring in Pakistan, including site visits and desk-based assessments
- Reporting Critical (Zero Tolerance) and High Risk Issues found outside audit to Senior Regional Compliance Manager in Turkey.
- Follow up CAPARs of suppliers within agreed timescales.
- Managing compliance requirements for factory onboarding approval, including audit review and site visits.
- Manage M&S’ responsibilities under the Pakistan Accord, including sharing supplier information, keeping up to date with Accord news and developments, and liaising with factories.
- Maintaining suppliers ethical and social compliance data in PLM and internal trackers. Drive improvement in Pakistan suppliers by assessing the highest risks in all Amber & Red rated factories& support the factories to reduce their non compliances.
- Working as part of Near Shore ethical compliance team on region always of working, targets and deliverables, including travel to Turkey for NearShore team meetings when required.
- Liaise with UK Assistant Ethical Trade Manager on collation of compliance data for internal and external reporting (e.g Monthly report ,Modern Slavery Statement, ETI report, interactive map) Manage supplier audit data using Sedex, Worldly and Better Work. Ensure all suppliers are registered on the relevant platform, with audit reports uploaded. Ensure supplier data is maintained and up to date.
- Providing local knowledge and expertise to the business on local law, custom and practice.
- Encouraging suppliers to implement beyond compliance projects to address key issues for workers.
- implement projects to support the wider ethical strategy beyond compliance (e.g. gender empowerment, worker voice, worker training). This will include collaborating with suppliers, NGOs, unions, external partners and other brands where necessary.
- Plan travel on a regular basis to visit all Pakistan sites against allocated budget& maintain travel calendar with whole team.
- Coordinate, arrange and deliver training and conferences on compliance strategy and issues to internal colleagues and suppliers when necessary.
Who you are
Your skills and experience will include
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good communication interpersonal skills when dealing with variety of stakeholders including unions, NGOs and MSIs.
- Ability to organise workload and prioritise to deliver objectives in a timely manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and international updated labour laws, and local compliance issues, customs and practice.
- Relevant social auditing qualification with 5 years’ experience in auditing in Pakistan
- Knowledge of and experience in effective corrective actions for the resolution of non-compliances.
- Good level of knowledge on Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the retail industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact.
We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
If you consider yourself to require reasonable adjustments to any part of our recruitment process, we invite you to share those requirements with us when completing your application. We will make every effort to ensure your needs are met to provide a fair and transparent process of assessment.