Assistant Manager/ Manager, Procurement - AWWA LTD - 11115449 | JobStreet JobStreet Login For employers Job search MyJobStreet Company profiles Career advice New
Primary Objectives of Position
Manage a procurement team to ensure the procurement policies and procedures are in alignment with Strategic Thrust 3 to be an efficient organization with efficiency and governance processes.
• To ensure procurement administration are processed in accordance with the finance SOP. Any pitfalls to be addressed and effective measures to be implemented
• Mange and guide a team of procurement executives in the performance of the daily procurement activities
• Maintain and update policies and procedures with respect to procurement activities
• Implement and provide suggestions and feedback on the appropriate policies, procedures and internal controls for procurement activities
• Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on all procurement-related matters and ensure they are compliance with procurement policy and procedures
• Lead contract negotiation and supplier management process to ensure quality, pricing and delivery objectives are met
• Create and review reports for analytic purposes and identification of sourcing opportunities
• Participate in cost-savings exercises and provide monthly report
• To develop, identify and manage vendors’ performances • Carry out suppliers’ assessment periodically
• Perform vendor screening, supply market research and analytical studies to identify and select potential suppliers to be added to the pre-approved vendor list
• Partner with stakeholders to evaluate the performance of the existing/new vendors and ensure the work performed are in accordance with the contracts • Review the contracts and obtain support from the Legal department when needed
• Ensure that contracts and claims are closed out properly
• Maintain vendor master, price list and item list
• Review, update and maintain purchase orders until they are closed. Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; report non-conformances
• Manage insurance, notarisation and claims for AWWA wide (excluding Stafff insurance)
• Liase with internal and external auditors with relation to procurement process and administration.
• Manage the career development of the procurement admin team members and identify areas of training needs
• To perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
The above activities are no means exhaustive and are subjected to amendment whenever is needed.
• Minimum Degree
• IT Savvy, experience in Oracle
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Application, excel and powerpoint
Attributes (functional or leadership competencies)
• Able to communicate effectively with different levels of internal and external stakeholders
• Must be meticulous and analytical
• Team player, multi-tasking and work in a fast paced environment
* The salary benchmark is based on the target salaries of market leaders in their relevant sectors. It is intended to serve as a guide to help Premium Members assess open positions and to help in salary negotiations. The salary benchmark is not provided directly by the company, which could be significantly higher or lower.