About The Role
We are recruiting fora Commercial Finance Manager to join our finance team at our Normanton Head Office. Reporting to the Head of Procurement Finance, you will lead finance businesspartnering to the Edible Produce Commercial team, providing support andchallenge to ensure quality financial plans are developed and delivered.
Shift Pattern - Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm -Hybrid working isavailable
Please note that this is a Fixed Term Contractof 12 months
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Business partner the commercial (buying and logistics) senior management team
• Leading the planning and forecasting processes for the team, ensuring reliability and accuracy of the plans and forecasts delivered to IPL and Asda deadlines
• Attend and lead regular performance reviews with senior stakeholders to review cost performance vs plan, strategic initiative delivery and overall P&L performance
• P&L ownership for end-to-end performance of the commercial team, including impact on Asda Produce P&L
• Drive consistent and clear reporting on a weekly and monthly basis to show true underlying performance vs plan and forecast (including currency impact, volume changes, cost inflation, claims, waste)
• Weekly review of costs v forecast, with product cost prices adjusted weekly to ensure the most accurate cost prices are charged to Asda each week
• Develop a deep understanding of the key accounting systems – Prophet, Dynamics and Anaplan – and project manage any system developments specific to the Business Unit
• Leadership and development of Commercial Finance Analysts, ensuring strong business partnering is delivered across the commercial team
What are we looking for?
• Industry experience in Commercial Finance, ideally Food or FMCG
• Ability to build strong relationships across the business
• Hands on, detail-oriented, with working knowledge of core accounting systems e.g. MS Dynamics, or performance management systems such as Anaplan
• Qualified accountant preferred (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) although candidates qualified by experience will also be considered
• Analytical mind set and variance analysis skills
• Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships across the business
• Moderate – Advanced Excel skills required – Pivot Tables, VlookUps
• Ability to influence at a senior level
What's in it for you?
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great environment for people to come and work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our values, culture and commitment.
In return we will offer you development, a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of:
• 10% Asda In store Discount
• Annual Bonus Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave - Inclusive of 8 days bank holiday
• Enhanced pension scheme
• Life Assurance - All our colleagues benefit from life assurance of 4 x their annual base salary.
• Help@hand - Free, direct access to health and wellbeing support service, including unlimited video consultations with a UK-based GP 24/7, physiotherapy and mental health support.
• Grocery Aid - We’ve partnered with Grocery Aid to our colleagues and their families with a wide range of emotional, practical and financial support services.
• Asda mobile Discount - 30% off a wide range of Asda Mobile bundles and add-ons for our colleagues and one of their family members.
• Asda Pet Insurance discount – Up to 10% Discount
• Exclusive Exchange Rates via Asda Money - our colleagues can get a better exchange rate for their travel money when buying currency through Asda Travel Money (TravelEx)
• Ride-to-work scheme - We work with Evans to provide our colleagues with great savings across their range of bikes, clothing and equipment.
• Plus lots more! - Depending on job band, other fantastic benefits are also available including private healthcare, car allowances and long term incentive schemes.
• Free car parking
Like what you’ve read? Then do your research, update your CV and once you’re ready, hit the apply button. Don’t delay, apply today!
About UsOurpurposehere at IPL, Forza & Kober is simple, we are one team who creates exceptional value for our customers and ourmissionis to support Asda on their journey to becoming #2 in the marketplace.
Through our people we live and breathe ourvaluesand we play to our strengths, but we also support each other’s development. We are a community of passionate individuals who possess a wide variety of skills and expertise, who work collectively to form a high performing team and a company to be proud of.
We are committed to a fully inclusive business that is representative of our customers, locations and the communities we serve. We recognise the value in diversity and welcome applications from all candidates regardless of sex, age, race, religion, gender or sexual identity and socio-economic background. We are committed to making IPL, Forza and Kober a place where everyone can enjoy a successful career and have systems in place to support all our colleagues. We are seeking applications from candidates who share our values, culture and celebrate diversity in all its forms.
Our culture is our people and our people are our culture!