Job ID: 2475040 | Amazon Spain Services, S.L.U.
Scale at Amazon is, well, really big. There are few companies out there building at our scale and complexity, and even fewer in Europe. As a Senior Software Development Engineer (Senior SDE), you’ll be part of a small group of diverse peers that make the Amazon magic happen. With ownership of existing software and building new products, you will lead the design and implementation of largescale efforts from the technical perspective.
You’ll not only code, but also drive the direction of the software architecture, and team practices. Our Senior SDEs enjoy a great deal of autonomy and are looked up to as technical leaders. In addition to owning the architecture of a larger product, you will lead code reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical decisions.
Opportunities are available in Barcelona or Madrid and below are some of the teams hiring for Amazon Stores in Spain:
Kindle Books Tech team is building a 200+ person tech hub in Spain. The teams work on multiple cutting edge technologies and platforms. Our tech teams work on multiple parts of the Books flow - with two large teams focused on the Store experience and Reader experience. Store team is focused on improving and transforming the customer purchase journey including Search, Books Detail page, Intelligent customer recommendations & new Store and purchase experiences. The Reader team is working on reader experiences across multiple surfaces including e-Ink, Desktop and Mobile apps and also pre and post read related actions.
Check out this video to learn more about the Kindle team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpMDXe1H0Ak
Amazon Business (AB) - business.amazon.com - Aims to become the most customer-centric provider of products and procurement services for business, government, and industry in the world. We’re off to a big start. After launching in 2015 in the United States, Amazon Business quickly reached $1 billion in annualized revenue. Now we’re expanding outside the United States. AB is addressing a new set of customer needs in a vast new market segment. While we can rely on Amazon’s existing capabilities in user experience, convenience, selection, pricing and logistics, we need to re-invent core parts of the buying experience to serve the needs of businesses and other institutional buyers. Furthermore, as we expand outside the U.S., we need to listen closely to local customer needs and tailor our approach to the requirements of local customers in Europe and Asia.
Check out this video to learn more about the AB team: https://youtu.be/7svIDXohsGE
International Technology (InTech) group owns the discovery and delivery of Amazon’s cutting-edge engineering to all the varied customers and cultures of the world. Our Madrid teams develop software that improves the customer experience on Amazon's EU websites and applications, and evolve internal tools and platforms to better support Amazon's EU businesses and subsidiaries. We do this by developing our own customer-facing features, services and platforms based on European needs, partnering when necessary with other Amazon Technical teams around the world.
Check out this video to learn more about the InTech team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8mrBg0ckgc
Payroll Tech - Our customers in Payroll expect us to innovate for them. Name another company building Anytime Pay, which we built to allow employees to withdraw pay as soon as they've earned it, prior to payday. Name another company using machine learning to ensure that employees are paid accurately. We really are having fun and making history in an area that - let's face it - is probably pretty boring at other companies.
Check out this link for more information on Amazon Stores and our tech hub in Spain: https://amazon.jobs/content/en/teams/international-stores/amazon-stores-tech-emea
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr. Software development engineer, you will be:
· solving problems that center around scale, across all realms, over hundreds of millions of customers;
· owning the software architecture and technical designs;
· writing high quality, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews;
· providing technical leadership and expertise;
· partnering with other teams such as Applied science;
· mentoring new members as we continue to add to our footprint and scope
A day in the life
Together with the rest of the engineers you will be responsible for delivering production-ready code that will be used by hundreds of millions of Amazon customers, and you will own end-to-end the customer experience of the services and features that you build. As a Sr. software development engineer, you will have a significant impact on the way customers, including friends and family, experience Amazon daily.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Barcelona, B, ESP | Madrid, M, ESP
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- Experience leading the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 8+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in development in the last 3 years
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Posted: January 29, 2024 (Updated about 12 hours ago)
Posted: January 29, 2024 (Updated about 12 hours ago)
Posted: February 27, 2024 (Updated 1 day ago)
Posted: January 4, 2024 (Updated 2 days ago)
Posted: February 23, 2024 (Updated 2 days ago)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
* El índice de referencia salarialse calcula en base a los salarios que ofrecen los líderes de mercado en los correspondientes sectores. Su función es guiar a los miembros Prémium a la hora de evaluar las distintas ofertas disponibles y de negociar el sueldo. El índice de referencia no es el salario indicado directamente por la empresa en particular, que podría ser muy superior o inferior.