At Amazon, Security is our highest priority. The Amazon Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by Amazon. At Amazon' scale, we invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our security conscious customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with security domain and controls subject-matter expert to join our team. As part of the team, you will be responsible for understanding key Amazon security controls, understand evidence that strategically address these controls, and work with control owners to generate evidence that fulfills Amazon compliance requirements. Additionally, you will be responsible for understanding Amazon' operational processes around controls within these domains and be able to clearly articulate and communicate to various stakeholder audiences in a variety of forms (e.g., demos, interviews, etc.).
The successful candidate is one who loves working across many stakeholders to design solutions for complex compliance challenges. We have a team culture that encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation. Our team members and management alike take a high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Our team members balance their unique perspective with those of the diverse perspectives of the team and its stakeholders. You will directly with most divisions within Amazon service to show Amazon' ability to demonstrate and communicate key controls within given control domains.
In this role, you will facilitate open and transparent relationships with key Amazon stakeholders. We seek an experienced and industry professional who has the ability to understand IT processes, security controls, communicate across a variety of stakeholder, and to be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams.
Key job responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Understand and serve as a subject-matter expert around Amazon' security controls across Security domains
- Manage and fulfill requests around evidence to illustrate the key controls that exist within given Security domains
- Communicate to key stakeholders the operational processes around Amazon security practices and how controls are implemented across the environment.
- Communicate to leadership key risks and areas of program improvement, as well as seek diverse opinions and coordinate improvement efforts.
- Fielding and addressing requests in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Dive deep into the Amazon control environment to develop broad domain and technical understanding of Amazon control activities and implementation to articulate compliance to key stakeholders.
- Bridge communication with key stakeholders and technical communities to articulate control implementation.
- Operate a quality rhythm of the business for managing multiple stakeholder expectations simultaneously.
A day in the life
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
About the team
Amazon Security values diverse experiences. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications and skills listed in the job description, we encourage candidates to apply. If your career is just starting, hasn't followed a traditional path, or includes alternative experiences, don't let it stop you from applying.
Why Amazon Security?
At Amazon, security is central to maintaining customer trust and delivering delightful customer experiences. Our organization is responsible for creating and maintaining a high bar for security across all of Amazon's products and services. We offer talented security professionals the chance to accelerate their careers with opportunities to build experience in a wide variety of areas including cloud, devices, retail, entertainment, healthcare, operations, and physical stores.
Inclusive Team Culture
In Amazon Security, it's in our nature to learn and be curious. Ongoing DEI events and learning experiences inspire us to continue learning and to embrace our uniqueness. Addressing the toughest security challenges requires that we seek out and celebrate a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and voices.
Training & Career Growth
We're continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth's Best Employer. That's why you'll find endless knowledge-sharing, training, and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture. When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there's nothing we can't achieve.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Accounting/Auditing, or other related fields
- 7+ years of experience in security, audits, customer trust, control assessments, or risk assessments OR 7+ years of experience in data center operations, facilities management, or systems management
- 5+ years of experience assessing complex technical processes
- German speaker
- Experience with monitoring and automating security controls
- Experience in third-party and regional/regulatory examinations
- Demonstrates high judgement and risk decision making abilities
- Experience in performing technical assessments and documentation around key controls and security processes, as well as auditing IT processes, including working knowledge of key controls across a number of industry best practices
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Has one or more Industry recognized certifications i.e. CISA, CISSP etc.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).