We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Customer Success Account Manager to drive program management for strategic customers that have a significant number of key cross-cloud workload engagements running concurrently. As the CSAM you will drive consumption planning & execution, as well as the acceleration of cloud adoption from Pilot/MVP to production for customer cloud engagements. This will be done by providing cross-engagement oversight, resource orchestration, and blocker escalation, all while operating in close collaboration with key account team unit members and business partners who are supporting customer success.
The Customer Success Account Manager builds and executes shared plans with customers. Manages customer executive relationships through business reviews, strategic escalations, and administration of customer contracts. Enable customers to use their benefits effectively. Provides direction for other members of the Account Team to develop a deep understanding of their customer’s business and technical objectives. Sets priorities for Microsoft to contribute to the customer’s success in those areas. Plans the delivery of services to achieve success criteria for top priority solutions and workloads. Provides direction and orchestration related to overseeing and managing the delivery of projects and programs to achieve defined success criteria for prioritized customer solutions and workloads. Develops and executes technical skilling plan to build technical expertise aligned with customer and business priorities.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science or related field AND 6+ years customer success, solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
o OR Master's Degree in Business, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science, or related field AND 4+ years customer success, solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science or related field AND 12+ years customer success, solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
o OR Master's Degree in Business, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science, or related field AND 10+ years customer success, solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
· 5+ years relevant work experience within customer industry.
· Microsoft or competitor equivalent (e.g., AWS) certification in relevant technologies (e.g., Azure, 365).
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification or equivalent service management certification.
· Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification.
· Prosci or equivalent certification.
Customer Relationship Management
· Builds and coaches others on customer, partner, and internal stakeholder engagement strategy and models. Develops, maintains, and builds upon foundational relationships with key customer stakeholders and technical professionals to enable quality solution delivery and health using partnerships with other account team leaders and leads orchestration across internal/external stakeholders. Expands customer and partner relationships beyond the current Unified Support contract consumers with a focus on leading the definition of business outcomes and how to align Microsoft strategy to customer business priorities.
· Identifies, navigates, communicates, and influences key customer technical, business, and executive-level stakeholders (including partners). Guides and leads conversations to facilitate the achievement of customer business objectives by leveraging their investment in Microsoft. Maps internal roles to customer priorities to action the needs of customers and provides input into customer priorities. Holds, maintains, and nurtures internal stakeholder relationships. Influences and challenges senior/executive internal stakeholders. Leads business value conversations at customer executive levels.
· Initiates the gathering of information on the business and Information Technology objectives for customer organizations using partnerships with other account team leaders to identify customer priorities. Partners with Account Team to create a customer success plan and contribute to the shared customer account plan in support of customer objectives specific to the customer's business transformation programs and common to their industry.
· Understands, identifies, and aligns Microsoft solutions, and technical capabilities (e.g., Azure, Modern Work, Dynamics) to customer needs and priorities. Leverages broad foundational industry and technical expertise to enable customer success. Identifies complex customer scenarios (e.g., Independent Software Vendors [ISV], cross-cloud, partner) and aligns with technical specialists to identify relevant cross-cloud technology solutions. Strengthens Microsoft's position in the customers' cloud technology marketplace against competitors. Leverages understanding of the customer's technology platform and Microsoft's technology roadmap to enable customer digital transformation.
Customer Success Leadership
· Engages in conversations with customers and demonstrates alignment between customer objectives and the current Microsoft portfolio of work in the customer account. Promotes the organizational and customer success strategy with customers. Aligns Microsoft technology and services with the customer's goals and objectives to form a cooperative strategy. Engages in account team planning, promoting business and technical needs for change that challenge customer thinking. Aligns with the account team to link Customer Success Plans (CSPs) with account plan priorities and develop bookable programs of work. Challenges the customer and influences their strategic decision making, driving the case for change towards improved operational health.
· Leads the strategic execution of program planning and customer-facing program reviews, prioritization of engagements, and management of key stakeholder and executive expectations to address agreed-upon customer outcomes and account priorities to deliver ongoing customer success. Leverages Microsoft delivery management methodologies, processes, and tools to manage and improve customer operational health. Proactively identifies and mitigates customer blockers by leveraging Microsoft solutions and services, and develops deliverable programs of work. Orchestrates delivery resources to facilitate value realization with a focus on driving operational health. Leads delivery program reviews with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on customer outcomes and account priorities. Leads escalation management and communications for delivery programs in the customer account.
· Proactively identifies, monitors, and mitigates actual and potential blockers to consumption through data analysis and customer feedback. Mobilizes resources to address actual and potential blockers to consumption, associated issues, and to ensure delivery on Customer Success Plans (CSPs). Holds accountability for identified consumption milestones and their completion. Partners with customersto proactively identify opportunities for growth, optimize usage, and drive adoption. Partners with customers to understand their business objectives, identify opportunities where Microsoft offerings can help achieve those objectives, and aligns Microsoft products and services to agreed-upon customer outcomes and account priorities. Leverages an understanding of the customer's needs and business objectives to identify opportunities where Microsoft can provide added value to maximize retention and minimize churn.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Industry leading healthcare
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Generous time away
Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations .
* The salary benchmark is based on the target salaries of market leaders in their relevant sectors. It is intended to serve as a guide to help Premium Members assess open positions and to help in salary negotiations. The salary benchmark is not provided directly by the company, which could be significantly higher or lower.