Director of Public Relations and Communications page is loaded
Director of Public Relations and Communications
Apply locations Toronto time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id REQ10306700
About Four Seasons:
Four Seasons is powered by our people. We are a collective of individuals who crave to become better, to push ourselves to new heights and to treat each other as we wish to be treated in return. Our team members around the world create amazing experiences for our guests, residents, and partners through a commitment to luxury with genuine heart. We know that the best way to enable our people to deliver these exceptional guest experiences is through a world-class employee experience and company culture.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
About the location:
A warm welcome framed by spacious, modern design awaits you in the heart of Toronto's historic Yorkville neighbourhood. Enjoy authentic French cuisine paired with one of our 350 wine labels at Café Boulud, and specialty craft cocktails at our spirited lobby lounge and bar. Enjoy the serenity of our Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rated Spa, or step out and explore the vibrant character of Toronto's most glamorous shopping and restaurant district.
At Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, every stay is a story. We believe luxury – meaningful, personalized and warm – is our area of expertise, and we deliver it one small act at a time with genuine heart. We want you to be a part of our story.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic, award-winning team at our flagship property, in the city where one of the world’s most iconic luxury hospitality brands was founded. We are looking for an innovative public relations leader to be an integral member of the diverse team that drives the magic behind Four Seasons Hotel Toronto.
In this unique role, the Director of Public Relations and Communications will oversee, develop, and execute an annual strategic and integrated plan that supports Four Seasons Hotel Toronto's business objectives, including Public Relations, Digital Media, Social Media, and Marketing Communications Strategies.
This role is essential to increase awareness and positively position the perception of Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, its Food and Beverage Restaurants, Spa, Services, Meetings and Events, and Personnel while at the same time, contribute to driving traffic and revenues. Through creative and strategic thinking and execution, this role will increase awareness and visibility of Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, and further enhance its offerings, contributing to driving property business objectives and overall engagement. Importantly, it will serve as an essential ambassador of Four Seasons Hotel Toronto within the community and as a spokesperson for press and partnerships.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position requires a leader and exceptional communicator who will share direct oversight of a Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing Coordinator with our dynamic team. The Director of Public Relations and Communications is a Department Head position.
If you’re a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and creative sensibilities that can balance multiple competing priorities, and you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, this is the role for you.
Public Relations and Communications
- Develop a year-round integrated Public Relations and Communications Plan across all Four Seasons Hotel Toronto pillars with unique and thoughtful tactics across all Public Relations and Communications channels, ensuring alignment with all brand guidance
- Regularly monitor Four Seasons Hotel Toronto Marketing Scorecard Metrics as they apply to Public Relations and Communications and execute tactics to gain ranking
- Work closely with all Four Seasons Hotel Toronto departments and outlets to develop new storylines
- Ensure monthly posting of Press Releases to highlight and communicate our news effectively and maintain prominent engagement on our Four Seasons Press Room
- Lead creation of Story Starters and ensure presence of relevant team bios to generate further engagement with Four Seasons Hotel Toronto on Four Seasons Press Room
- Maintain image library to ensure the best property representation
- Identify target publications, manage media communications, develop new connections, coordinate media visits and interviews to generate ongoing coverage
- Pitch and secure coverage through brand agency all-call editorial opportunities as well as B2B Communications opportunities
- Anticipate need periods, as well high demand periods, and activate teams to create unique guest programming.
- Develop a thoughtful series of all new Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, culinary, and destination experiences that support Four Seasons Hotel Toronto’s positioning including potential brand collaborations
- Seek, identify, and execute local event participation and activations that reach our local neighborhood surrounding communities
- Execute Public Relations strategies within the Restaurant & Bar Toolkit to ensure maximum exposure for Restaurant & Bar outlets
- Lead and manage departmental Public Relations and marketing meetings including meeting minutes and action items
- Represent Public Relations and Communications team throughout Four Seasons Hotel Toronto meetings and operations
- Ensure monthly to quarterly sharing of Public Relations and Communications highlights within Four Seasons Hotel Toronto
- Be active within local and regional Public Relations committees and associations
- Engage with local visitors’ bureaus and tourism boards for potential collaboration and awareness opportunities
- Manage Public Relations-related tracking and reports and create highlight presentations
- Conduct a benchmark on a regular basis with key competitors (local, national, international) and in the luxury space (retail, travel) to determine opportunities to improve our Public Relations position
- Ensure visual identity applications across Four Seasons Hotel Toronto and outlets
- Lead and manage the coordination and creation of Four Seasons Hotel Toronto promotional items, newsletters, and seasonal brochures
- Co-manage the production and coordination of photo and video shoots
- Support Sales, Catering and Reservations with auditing sales materials, ensuring external messaging is aligned with brand guidelines and Four Seasons Hotel Toronto positioning
- Direct Digital Marketing Manager on social media and website content strategies based on Public Relations and Integrated Communications plan and initiatives
- Co-manage and support Four Seasons Hotel Toronto’s digital communications strategy with a proactive and creative approach that supports Public Relations and Communications plans and initiatives
- Actively understand Four Seasons Hotel Toronto business mix, consumer profile, and insights
- In partnership with direct reports, respond according to the crisis management plan to any Four Seasons Hotel Toronto emergency or safety situation
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing
- Comply with Four Seasons Hotel Toronto standards for sales and marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee
- Be a brand ambassador of Four Seasons Hotel Toronto
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Education and Experience:
- University graduate
- Minimum of five years of management experience in public relations, communications, digital marketing and related industries, preferably within the lifestyle and hospitality industries.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communications skills, with a strong sense of quality and a creative mindset
- An eye for aesthetic
- Attention to detail and organization
- Media relations experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of mobile, emerging, and media applications
- Knowledge of InDesign and production methods in graphic arts and collateral.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, managing multiple projects while being cognizant of deadlines and priorities
- Ability to manage third-party agencies, partners, and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Four Seasons is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality, Four Seasons can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of -the opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done.