Job ID: 2544524 | Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL (Irish Branch) - G50
We are open to hire for this role across Munich, Frankfurt,Berlin-Germany; Amsterdam,The Netherlands; Luxembourg ; London, UK; Dublin, Ireland;
The Amazon Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the governance and security controls of services offered by Amazon. At Amazon scale, we must invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most regulatory conscious customers. We are seeking an experienced leader who can apply broad risk, compliance and regulatory knowledge to challenging and complex EU oversight initiatives.
Key job responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
• Lead across Amazon to meet EU regulatory obligations and oversight expectations.
• Align multiple stakeholders on appropriate solutions that meet regulatory expectations and align multiple stakeholders on appropriate solutions that balances regulatory expectations and Amazon’s approach to operational efficiency.
• Lead regulatory relationships, examinations and collaborate across teams to deliver results; holding teams accountable to deliver.
• Drive results by monitoring responsiveness, exercising judgment on Amazon’ approach to oversight and escalating to reduce blockers.
• Measure and analyze existing processes for opportunities to innovate and improve.
A day in the life
You will interact with various levels across Amazon to manage the collection and communicate information. You will serve as the main point of contact and liaise with regulators. You will lead the strategic approach to the unique expectations of the regulator(s), report to Amazon leadership and manage a team dedicated to the oversight.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Dublin, D, IRL
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field.
- 10+ years of IT security audit, compliance and/or relevant regulatory experience or financial services regulatory experience (10+ years), manager experience of 8+ years
- Experience with monitoring and automating security controls.
- Have a record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
- Have experience in cloud technologies.
- Have experience in performing technical assessments and documentation of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes.
- Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls.
- A portfolio of writing samples.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Posted: July 10, 2023 (Updated 3 days ago)
Posted: February 1, 2024 (Updated 4 days ago)
Posted: December 1, 2023 (Updated 5 days ago)
Posted: November 20, 2023 (Updated 6 days ago)
Posted: July 18, 2023 (Updated 10 days ago)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
* Der Gehaltsbenchmark wird auf Basis der Zielgehälter bei führenden Unternehmen in der jeweiligen Branche ermittelt und dient Premium-Nutzer:innen als Richtlinie zur Bewertung offener Positionen und als Orientierungshilfe bei Gehaltsverhandlungen. Der Gehaltsbenchmark wird nicht direkt vom Unternehmen angegeben. Er kann deutlich über bzw. unter diesem Wert liegen.