Job Description - Senior Telecommunications Engineer (AL 033M)
Senior Telecommunications Engineer - AL 033M
Company : Worley
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : Experienced
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Deliver Telecommunication Discipline design engineering services that meets Worley’s, its customers’ and applicable statutory, project’s requirements and regulatory specification requirements.
- Perform design engineering service assignments on time and within budget.
- Perform necessary engineering and design tasks to produce Detailed Design Deliverables in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers
- Perform Telecommunication discipline specific design engineering deliverables and preparation work such as:
o Cable and Conduit Layouts
o Cable Schematic Diagram
o Cable Entrance Details
o Manhole Foldout Details
o FOC Allocation Table
- Transmission Data Link (Link Loss Budget Calculation)
o Facility Crossing Schedule
· Perform Telecommunication engineering services such as:
What we offer you
- participate in relevant meetings and prepare progress reports.
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes.
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations, and write purchase orders.
- Perform quality review checks on design deliverables according to the project and company’s quality steps and procedures.
- Perform site surveys and design verification according to Site Visit Agenda when required.
- Prepare Telecommunication engineering design documentation such as: specifications, data, calculations, quantities, materials Take-off lists and cost estimates and reports as required.
- Provide technical support and assistance within the Telecommunication discipline team (especially for Juniors) and liaise with the other Disciplines on the same project team.
- If required, act as the Telecommunication engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- Ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers, and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the Telecommunication Design Engineering.
- Supervise the work of junior designers assigned to the projects.
- Involves in project and workload decisions.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices both field activities and design
- Experience in Telecom Design in Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Sectors
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the Company and their Clients.
- A sound Knowledge of Saudi Aramco Telecommunication Technical Codes & Standards as SAES-T-916 , SAES-T-624, SAES-T-911 and SAES-T-928.
- A sound knowledge of Applicable International Code/ Standards such as TIA, NEC and BICSI standards.
- Capable of interpreting key documents and drawings from Telecommunication Discipline as well as other disciplines such as process, piping, structural, electrical, mechanical, etc.
- Ability to coordinate and interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels to develop designs.
- Ensure all Telecom interfaces with other Engineering disciplines are being captured and maintained
- Display strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills and with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and multitasking ability.
- Knowledge in CAD Tool Design Software such as, 2D Micro-station, AutoCAD, ARCMAP GIS, Saudi Aramco SACS …etc. is a plus
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.