AVP, Fund Accounting Manager (Hybrid) page is loaded
AVP, Fund Accounting Manager (Hybrid)
Apply remote type Hybrid locations Kuala Lumpur Selangor Malaysia time type Full time posted on Posted Today job requisition id 23711183
At Citi, we get to connect millions of people across hundreds of cities and countries every day. And we've been doing it for more than 200 years. We do this through our unparalleled global network. We provide a broad range of financial services and products to our clients – whether they be consumers, corporations, governments or institutions – to help them meet their biggest opportunities and face the world's toughest challenges.
Shape your Career with Citi
Citi’s Securities Services (SS) supports our clients’ business by drawing on the strength of our unmatched global footprint, which provides them with access to local expertise and scalable solutions to support their ambitions.
We’re currently looking for a high caliber professional to join our team as AVP, Fund Accounting Manager (Hybrid) (Internal Job Title: Fund Accounting Mgr - C12) based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Being part of our team means that we’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decision and manage your financial well-being to help plan for your future. For instance:
- Citi provides programs and services for your physical and mental well-being including access to telehealth options, health advocates, confidential counseling and more. Coverage varies by country.
- Citi provides access to an array of learning and development resources to help broaden and deepen your skills and knowledge as your career progresses.
- We have a variety of programs that help employees balance their work and life.
In this role, you’re expected to:
The Fund Accounting Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees, leading a variety of fund valuation activities in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of activities associated with Net Asset Valuations (NAVs).
- Manage a team of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as support mechanism for achievement including SMART goal setting
- Calculate daily and periodic NAVs for fund and dissemination of the associated unit prices to facilitate investor dealing in accordance with all local regulations, accepted accounting values, and local tax requirements, as well as produce full set of audited annual financial accounts and unaudited semiannual accounts for each regulated entity
- Complete regulatory reporting and associated client reporting requirements covering all aspects of the funds valuation, portfolio, expenses, and transaction volumes ensuring a variety of standard and client/regulatory formats
- Assist the section manager of a team of Fund Accountants who are responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting clients
- Identify and implement corrective action plans across teams while analyzing and assessing business risk
- Serve as primary point of escalation for internal/external staff queries, and develop/manage process, productivity, and quality standards
- Create, develop, and maintain business relationships, identify and implement service, system, and process enhancements, lead and evaluate system testing, and train staff on new technology enhancements
- Support development and achievement of strategic goals and annual performance/compensation cycle as well as implement methods to reduce expenses, recommend enhancements, and justify benefits
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
As a successful candidate, you’d ideally have the following skills and exposure:
- 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Chartered Accountant/CFA/MBA
- Experience in accounting or related field
- Knowledge of funds services and its process (NAV)
- Knowledge of relevant technical systems
- Previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge in related area
Working at Citi is far more than just a job. A career with us means joining a family of more than 230,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community and make a real impact.
Take the next step in your career, apply for this role at Citi today
Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the "EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Similar Jobs (2)
MYS CTSM KL - Fund Accounting Manager (Hybrid)
locations Kuala Lumpur Selangor Malaysia time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago
AVP, Fund Accounting Manager (Hybrid)
locations Kuala Lumpur Selangor Malaysia time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday
Click here to learn more about careers at Citi.