Job Description - Chief Product Owner, Straight2Bank Mobile (2300017523)
: Data & Analytics
: 20/Sep/2023, 10:13:41 AM
The Role Responsibilities
- In Standard Chartered Bank’s Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB), we aim to be digital-first and data-driven, delivering enhanced client experiences, driving new wallet share and realizing untapped client value and market opportunities.
- Part of CCIB’s Digital Channels & Data Analytics (DCDA), we are building a complete end-to-end, digital-first client journey from onboarding, transacting to servicing and reporting.We are passionate about developing and delivering Best in Class digital client experience through consistent, well designed, contextual user journeys across all our client touchpoints such as the web and mobile.
- The Chief Product Owner (CPO) of Standard Chartered Corporate Banking S2B Mobile App is a role in the Digital Channel and Data analytics (“DCDA”) team within Standard Chartered’s Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking (“CCIB”) client segment. The S2B Mobile App serves our global clients across our 40+ footprint markets. As the CPO you will be responsible for shaping the mobile strategy and roadmap in collaboration and alignment with CCIB businesses, execute on it through disciplined product development, l aser-focussed on delivery and time-to-speed. You will lead a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to deliver a world-class mobile app experience for our corporate clients.
- Define and execute on the mobile strategy for Corporate, Commercial, and Institutional banking (CCIB) to facilitate Straight2bank access ‘on-the-go’ for our clients, across our footprint that will position Standard Chartered as a leader in this space
- Provide thought leadership and be the workstream lead for the ambitious mobile channels workstream
- Working with both a strategic and a tactical focus, the suitable candidate will be responsible for delivery of a significant investment in enhancing our clients’ digital experience. The candidate shall determine priorities, manage deliveries, prioritise product developments based on client requirements and client insights to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Experience building out business benefit case and present to senior leadership audience with the objective of garnering support and resource allocation on proposed mobile initiatives and/or investment asks.
- The role requires close partnership with Financial Markets and Transaction Banking businesses to develop an awareness and understanding of the wider business and their objectives to align the mobile roadmap with these goals to deliver jointly for our clients. Other key stakeholders include frontline, Implementation teams, CFCC, legal and compliance.
- Roadmap/Backlog Planning: Develop and maintain a detailed product roadmap, prioritizing features, and ensuring alignment with business goals and client needs.
- Product Development: Oversee the entire product development lifecycle, from concept to launch, ensuring timely delivery of features and enhancements.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Leverage data and client insights from NPS, GA, CSAT to make informed decisions, optimize product features, and drive continuous improvement. Work alongside Data team in ensuring provision of management information, metrics and useful insights for S2B Mobile App.
- Budget Management: Manage the product budget effectively, making strategic investment decisions to maximize ROTE
People & Talent
- Provide effective leadership and management to direct reports and ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential
- Lead and inspire a cross-functional team, including product managers, designers, and engineers, to deliver high-quality mobile features and enhancements.
- Ensure active communication of vision, priorities and progress to the business to foster engagement, awareness and motivation
- Lead the team through example and build the appropriate culture and values with clients and with internal stakeholders. The role requires the ongoing training and development of people and ensures that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks. This includes strategically grooming talent by moving talent globally, and the ability to attract and retain high quality talent, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Review applicable internal policies and procedures to prevent gaps against risk governance framework.
- Identify and mitigate risks related to product development, compliance, legal, and security teams. To have strong engagement and liaison with these teams to drive the regulatory approvals required to ensure Straight2bank Mobile App remains compliant with banking and data protection laws.
- Ensure Country compliance on Group standard for Audit and Control.
- To be the product SPOC with the local risk committees
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight, and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to ‘speak up’ in the event of any realized or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Technology (Interactive Channels, DCDA Tech, Delivery Teams, Solution Architect Teams, Security Technology Teams)
- Digital Platforms and Products, DCDA (Cash, Trade, FM, Digital Servicing, Client Onboarding, Common Platform Services, Data Analytics & Insights, Channel Performance & Measurement)
- Client Engagement, DCDA (Regional Teams, Digital Client engagement team, Digital Adoption & Growth team, Global deployment, Research and Insight team)
- Client Experience, DCDA (Design Operations, Design Product/Platforms)
- API & Open Banking Ecosystems, DCDA
- Project/Program Management Office, DCDA
- DCDA COO
Our Ideal Candidate
- 12 + years’ experience with a proven track record of success in Digital or mobile product management and development, preferably in Corporate and Institutional Banking or in a Fintech
- Proven track record in leading and implementing digitalization and/or transformation initiatives preferably in Corporate and Institutional Banking driving adoption of digital solutions and increasing share of revenue and/or realising cost efficiencies by leveraging digital capabilities.
- Experience building out robust business benefit cases and Value propositions to positively influence decision makers on prioritization and resource allocation related decisions
- Solid understanding of the mobile app architecture, OS - iOS, Android, cross-platform development tools like React Native and programming languages such as Swift, Kotlin, Java to effectively engage with technical teams to make informed decisions
- Exposure working on application integration with internal and external services, such as payment gateways, authentication systems, and third-party data providers enabled through APIs and other integration mechanisms
- App Performance Optimization – know how: App size, code, UI and layout
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- App Performance Optimization – know how: App size, code, UI and layout
- Agile methodology: Good understanding of the product development lifecycle using Agile Methodology and relevant prior experience in drafting vision statements, epics and user stories, use case documents, solution papers, business workflow documents and high-level functional flows.
- A skilled negotiator with an ability to work across all organization levels
- Effective and positive written and verbal communications especially when acting as a liaison between departments, internal employees/subordinates and clients.
- Highly experienced in stakeholder management and working closely with global senior leaders, including business product heads, COOs and CIOs
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.