Area security & BR Manager vacancy | R82648 | Maersk
Area security & BR Manager
SA - Jeddah Posted 18 Days Ago Apply now
Implement the Maersk Security Commit rule throughout the organization. To be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and optimizing a security management program spanning across both Duty of Care and Supply Chain security within the Area. Supervises the security function within the company, handling day-to-day supervisory activities for the security staff. Responsible for providing security management within Maersk facilities. Manage and coordinate Maersk risk management processes Respond to security incidents involving Maersk staff, property or buildings Manage all Maersk staff travel and implement a secure journey management system Key focal point for all Maersk Duty of Care issues.
Be part of the core management team, guiding colleagues on the security aspect of corporate strategy.
Responsible for Business continuity plan & implementation
Owns the design and PDSA for effectiveness of the Business Continuity
Has accountability for Framework execution in organisation.
Has accountability for Organization readiness to face contingency
Governs the processes and sites BCP preparedness.
Provides learning and mentoring to Process BCP personnel and site BCP
Provides technical expertise to processes and sites for strengthening
the Organisations' BCP readiness.
Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures.
Recruit, train and supervise security officers and guards.
Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs
Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
Review reports on incidents and breaches.
Investigate and resolve issues.
Create reports for management on security status.
Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
Loss prevention program.
Evaluate the security service provider and verify their invoices.
Meet local security requirements, and Maersk guidelines & policies.
Design required security systems (CCTV, Access control, traffic & gate barriers etc...) as per business needs
- Provides a safe and secure operating environment for Maersk staff to work within.
- Deploy all security risk management processes aligned to the Maersk Security Risk Management COMMIT rule and company Security Risk Management global standards by ensuring employees from other non-integrated brands are fully incorporated into duty of care initiatives and follow same standards. Escalate to Regional Security if there are concerns.
- Ensures staff movement occurs safely and in line with the set journey management protocols.
- Ensures that accommodation provided to staff is secured to a high standard
- Develops and implements processes and procedures relating to security for Maersk operations.
- Oversight of the service provided by contracted guards to ensure a high standard of delivery
- Liaison with Government Security Agency personnel utilising an existing strong network
- Information and intelligence support in response to developing incidents that could impact on security.
- Conduct detailed Investigation and reporting of security risk incidents and concerns per Maersk Security Investigation guidelines. Support the Managing Director and/Area HSSE manger in the investigation of severe security incidents impacting Maersk employee’s, assets, operations or reputation.
- Ensure commensurate confidentiality and impartiality are maintained, evaluate existing prevention/mitigation measures and advise on appropriate, sustainable security solutions, where feasible.
- Ensure the timely reporting of Security incidents, investigations, outcomes and action plans using the Maersk wide Security Risk Management online platform “Human Risks”.
- Provide security risk management advise to department heads on issues relating to security.
- Continually monitors internal and external threats / risks and assesses their potential impact on operations.
- Advises and implements improvements to mitigate against identified risks / threats
- Responsible for assessing individual travel requests and decision-making in terms of risk mitigation measures for each movement.
- Conducts staff security briefings and maintains records relating to this.
- Conducts security related training of staff and maintains associated records
- Responsible for monitoring both routine and emergency staff communication channels and systems.
- Perform all other tasks and/or projects as assigned by line manager or department head
REPORTING AND SCOPE
- The position reports to the Country MD with accountability reporting to the Area HSSE Manager
- The geographical scope of the position is SAA
WORK/BUSINESS CONTACTS AND AUTHORITY
Employees of Maersk Saudi Arabia area, with dotted cooperation requirements with integrated brands/Terminal
Government security agency contacts, other security contacts within an established network
Relevant external stakeholders, Support our non-integrated brands
The position has both internal & external contacts where it is required to influence behaviour & acceptance. While with internal contacts this can be a shared outcome often at times the position may find that it is required to influence & bring about agreement in conflicting situations
- Minimum 8 years of security, either in the public or private sector & at least 3 years at Management level
- Must have in-depth knowledge of security procedures for journey management residential security, facilities, IT, CCTV and perimeter security
- Must have a full understanding of preventative security measures, baseline security and Security Management Planning
- Requires full understanding of local safety laws and regulations
- Requires an understanding of international standards of safe work practices for the industry
- Must have extensive knowledge in investigative procedures and report-writing
- Requires excellent organizational skills, including planning, directing, and monitoring activities
- Requires good problem-solving skills, with an ability to define the problem, examine solutions, and select the best solution, and this must be done at times immediately under stress
- Requires ability to remain calm, but able to direct others, in times of emergency
- Requires certification in first aid and CPR