The Procurement Business Partner leads the procurement of low to high complexity project packages and supports the Procurement Manager and Procurement Director on the execution of the procurement for projects, working effectively with internal departments, external stakeholders and other members of the Procurement team.
While carrying out procurement activities, the Procurement Professional Function Lead provides commercial leadership in project teams, developing and executing creative strategies to ensure work is conducted with rigorous professional standards in full compliance with NEOM governance.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Activities
- Manages the Procurement of packages following NEOM policies, procedure and processes.
- Follows procurement and contracting Policy and Procedures.
- Assesses governance documents and suggests improvements to contracting strategies.
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal business stakeholders, providing guidance and support on procurement-related matters.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage key suppliers to ensure that they meet the organization's requirements and standards.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers to ensure that the organization receives the best possible terms and conditions.
- Manage the end-to-end procurement process, including identifying requirements, sourcing, tendering, evaluating proposals, and contract award and management.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance to ensure that they continue to meet the organization's requirements.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify and implement cost savings opportunities.
- Keep abreast of market trends and developments to ensure that the organization is taking advantage of the latest procurement best practices and technologies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, suppliers and other industry partners.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the building of the procurement plan for the sector.
- Ensure compliance with legal and procedural practices for the port operation.
Management / Leadership
- Coaches junior team members to develop new insights from analysis and leading to a deliver solid set of actionable recommendations.
- Team Player: Collaborates well with others and drive thing into completion.
- Identify opportunities and lead efforts for cost reduction and increased efficiencies.
- Work with the other NEOM Sectors and Departments, as required.
- Ensure preparation of status reports required for budget reviews, schedule analysis, annual reports, or other reports as may be required.
- Accountable for quality and timeliness of critical deliverables and communications.
COMPETANCIES, Skills & Knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Able to communicate effectively with mid-level and senior stakeholders.
Ownership / Accountability / Dependability
- Able to determine the actions, risks and end results required in order to get the job done.
- Ability to respond appropriately in unplanned and unforeseen circumstances.
Analytical Skills / Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Advanced analytical interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and techniques - able to understand and carry out spend analysis; draw out conclusions and fact-based decision making from this.
Expertise and Technical Knowledge
- Excellent Knowledge of Procurement processes and procedures.
- Advanced document drafting and contract formation skills.
- Familiarity with the FIDIC suite of contracts is a plus.
- Specialist knowledge of procurement concepts, processes, activities and trends.
- Highly numerate, with highly developed analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledgeable of procurement/materials practices, economic principles, international codes, standards, procedures and specifications.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems, especially SAP.
- Hands-on experience with e-procurement (SAP ARIBA) solutions preferred
- Ability to think about and suggest ideas, which add value to the project procurement.
- Ability to plan deliverables, milestone and sign-off points.
- Ability to schedule and monitor activities to achieve organizational goals.
Influencing / Negotiation
- Recognizes when to use different negotiation approaches and builds trusting relationships when resolving conflicts.
- Successfully achieves results through persuasion and confident communication. Develops trust and uses logic, reasoning and bargaining strategies to gain commitment with internal and external stakeholders.
BACKGROUND, QUALIFICATIONS & Experience,
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business or related field
- Procurement Qualification (e.g. CIPS, equivalent or relevant Masters)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Procurement organizations with at least 5 years applicable experience in managing / leading project procurement.
- International and Middle East experience advantageous.
- Expert Knowledge of procurement concepts, processes, activities and trends
- Experience of developing contracts and relationship management with vendors
- Experience working with FIDIC or similar suite of contracts is preferable
- Experience in drafting contract documents across various stages of the project lifecycle (e.g. SOW, progress reports, Gantt charts, etc.)
- Experience of infrastructure large capital projects, preferable.