Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Contingent Worker
To provide general support to the finance function in relation to general book keeping (AP/AR/General Ledger), processing invoice or payments / receiving payments, preparation of statutory returns and financial / management accounting information / reports, laising with external / internal auditors, and ensuring output is in compliance with the Company and Local Regulator's requirements.
• Strategy and Planning
•Policy, Process and Procedures
•Ensure that all processes conducted are documented in a standard format and that this is maintained accessible
•Ensure training and knowledge is up to date. This includes but is not limited to mainframe applications and general insurance accounting
•Environmental Awareness/Customer Focus
•Establish and maintain an efficient, effective relationship between Finance and Business Unit Finance staff
•Ensure consistency between the management result and general ledger
•Ensure effective suite of reports provided to business enabling management to monitor business profitability
•Assist in preparation of forecasts
•Undertake special investigations/projects concerning a wide-range of commercial accounting issues when required.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Strong skills in spreadsheets, data analysis and reconciliation procedures
• Problem solving skills
• Good communication skills
• 3+ years' experience in a finance or accounting role
• Professional accounting qualification, preferred
• Fundamental knowledge of organizational finance / accounting procedures
• Thorough understanding of best practice in finance / accounting
QBE Cultural DNA
• Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:
•We are customer-focused
•We are technical experts
•We are inclusive
•We are fast-paced
•We are courageous
•We are accountable
•We are a team
•All employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Disclaimer
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
• The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Application Close Date: 30/12/2023 11:59 PM
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
* The salary benchmark is based on the target salaries of market leaders in their relevant sectors. It is intended to serve as a guide to help Premium Members assess open positions and to help in salary negotiations. The salary benchmark is not provided directly by the company, which could be significantly higher or lower.