Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
The Food Safety Engineer has the broad objective of reducing food safety risk in the manufacture and distribution for all products in the Abbott Nutrition portfolio. The successful incumbent will require the ability to appropriately identify, assess and minimize risks in the global manufacturing of products to assure the safety, efficacy, regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction while balancing the need to not impact manufacturing efficiency. In order to meet business unit objectives, the Food Safety Engineer will be responsible for assuring the appropriate departments are pulled in as needed to deliver on expected results. As the Food Safety Engineer for Food Safety, this person will need to provide creative risk mitigation strategies for new and existing projects to successfully deliver safe, quality foods in both infant and adult production around the globe. The Food Safety Engineer will work independently and will need strong skills to lead cross-functional groups of SMEs and set expectations against key company and department goals while delivering results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Serve as technical lead for site food safety projects and event mitigations.
- Support site risk assessments that provide assessment of issues, risks, schedule and resource requirements for activities with potential food safety implications.
- Help create innovative food safety concepts and assist in implementation at site level.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Medical Safety, Regulatory Affairs and other areas during events to provide necessary support for remediation.
- Support with internal/external audits and inspections (FDA), inquiries associated with food safety.
- Assist in developing new and changing existing policies, procedures, processes and principles to provide robust preventive controls, assure appropriate evaluation during development and provide necessary technical support.
- Serve as food safety technical support to sites to identify issues, investigate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Support the impact of quality related food safety criteria on product and operational costs.
- Assure that product food safety is monitored via manufacturing non-conformances and complaints.
- Provide oversight of changes to plant work orders and standard manufacturing plans, procedures and equipment/processes as they relate to food safety and testing.
- Provide around-the-clock technical support regarding resolution of non-conforming exceptions as they relate to food safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum 7 years' experience in plant quality, operations or engineering support role in a food manufacturing or similar environment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with managing technical aspects of product/process/package design and manufacture and their impact on quality and food safety.
- Basic knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and Good Manufacturing Practices as required by the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) or other regulatory bodies as appropriate for nutritional and dietary supplement products is needed.
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity, Military/Veteran Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews
The salary for this role is between:
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Casa Grande : Plant
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Not ApplicableAbbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.