IT Senior Business Analyst Location
San Rafael, California Workstyle
Open to Hybrid Apply Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
The IT Senior Business Analyst will work with Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) and Technical Development laboratories to identify software-related change needs and ensure they are met. Primary focus is on user requirements capture, solution/change impact assessment, and solution selection/prioritization for standalone benchtop laboratory systems and enterprise applications. Fundamental purpose of the job is to identify risks/gaps in current processes and establish best practices per current industry standards while ensuring business requirements are met.
- Gather and analyze key business metrics and trends, to devise plans for improvement.
- Liaise between various business departments and groups, acting as the interface between TOPS and IT.
- Assess options for process improvement, including business process modeling/remodeling.
- Drive Process Standardization across TOPs.
- Identify Operational Simplification Opportunities, such as Application Consolidation, Rationalization, Integration and Functionality Exploitation.
- Communicate findings and plans effectively to key stakeholders in the business.
- Act as the TOPS IT Rep on Strategic Platform (Enterprise System) Deployments and Enhancements.
- Elicit and document user requirements and ensure that the user understands how the system meets their requirements
- Collaborate in the planning and deployment of new applications, as well as enhancements to existing applications.
- Develop a clear definition of the scope of the business case and ROI including: What problem are we solving/what is the business need? What is the scope of the solution to the problem? Is the investment in solving the problem worth it?
- Create workflow diagrams or other models to visually depict the business process
- Elicit/document/analyze the current state of the business process; assess current capabilities
- Drive consensus and resolve conflicting interests across the project team members/stakeholders regarding new business process designs
- Facilitate the collection, analysis, and prioritization of enhancement requests
- Develop scenarios for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and facilitate end user testing
- Identify new user needs based on user request trends
- Establish best practices per current industry standards
- Identify overarching/systemic GxP risks and vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in a science/engineering discipline with minimum of 6+ years in the biotech/pharma industry
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 4-6 years of relevant business analysis experience gathering/analyzing/testing requirements
- Electronic Notebook (ELN) experience
- Must possess a thorough understanding of GxPs, in addition to FDA and International requirements for computer validation and Part 11 / Annex 11 requirements
- Customer focus: dedicated to understanding and meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Decision-making: makes sound decisions within the scope of their role. Uses appropriate judgement in escalating issues or questions to supervisor. Self-directed within role; recognizes and acts on opportunities without being asked
- Agility: can change direction comfortably when needed; can effectively cope with change; can decide and act within the scope of their role without having the total picture.
- Communication Skills: must be able to facilitate working meetings, ask good questions, listen to the answers, and absorb what’s being said
- Organizing: can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Leadership: gains the trust and support of peers; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; can successfully collaborate and influence to complete assigned tasks
- Problem-solving Skills: must be able to facilitate a shared understanding of the problem, the possible solutions, and determine the scope of the project
- Critical Thinking Skills: can analyze and interpret data from varying sources, evaluate it and make recommendations to supervisor and/or business
- Documentation/Technical Skills: must be able to create clear, accurate, and concise documentation
- Self-Managing – must be able to manage the business analysis effort and yourself to commitments and deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Power Point)
- GxP laboratory environment experience preferred
- Prior relevant experience with application of software solutions preferred
- Super-user level understanding of laboratory analytical software preferred
- Experience using Veeva QMS and HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 97,800 to $ 146,600 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. Apply
Be the first to receive the latest updates at BioMarin as well as details on current opportunities that match your preferences and interests. Sign up below with your name, email address and your current region of residence and discover your next opportunity!