Market Financial Center Manager - Southern Maryland Market - La Plata, MD page is loaded
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is responsible for supporting a cluster of Financial Centers in designated markets in the absence of the assigned financial center manager and as a market-level resource. Key responsibilities of the role include managing as a business owner fostering a team environment and instilling an effective client-centric and risk culture. These individuals drive operational excellence, ensuring that all aspects of the financial center run effectively and cohesively.
• Operates as a back up financial center leader within a market
• Manages client traffic, engaging and appropriately routing clients and fostering client retention
• Manages business results through formalized management routines and coaching
• Creates a world class client experience environment
• Manages market-level initiative prescribed by market leaders
• Drives operational excellence
This position may also have responsibilities for managing associates. At Bank of America, all managers at this level demonstrate the following responsibilities, in addition to those specific to the role, listed above.
• Diversity & Inclusion: Model an inclusive environment for employees and clients, aligned to company D&I goals.
• Manager of Process & Data: Demonstrate deep process knowledge, operational excellence and innovation through a focus on simplicity, data-based decision making and continuous improvement.
• Enterprise Advocate: Communicate enterprise decisions, purpose and results, and connect to team strategy, priorities and contributions.
• Risk Manager: Ensure proper risk discipline, controls and culture are in place to identify, escalate and debate issues.
• People Manager & Coach: Provide inspection, coaching and feedback to motivate, differentiate and improve performance.
• Financial Steward: Actively manage expenses and budgets in alignment with objectives, making sound financial decisions.
• Enterprise Talent Leader: Assess talent and build bench strength for roles across the organization.
• Driver of Business Outcomes: Deliver results by effectively prioritizing, inspecting and appropriately delegating team work.
• A minimum of three years recent experience building, leading, managing and coaching a team
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with others outside of reporting authority to achieve shared goals
• Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems independently or escalate as needed to promote customer satisfaction
• Strong financial and business acumen including experience in leading managers and interpreting financial reports to drive profitability
• Proven record of balancing risk and making sound decisions while achieving business goals
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in dialogue, convey sincere interest in building/deepening relationships, and demonstrate a commitment to providing personalized service
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize and delegate while delivering results
• Strong communication skills (including verbal, non-verbal, written and presentation) and active listening skills
• Proficiency in computer skills and professional programs (for example, Microsoft Office)
• Ability to pass pre-employment assessments and compliance requirements
• Availability to work weekends and/or extended hours as required to run the business
• Must be able to travel to any financial center within the defined market
• Undergraduate degree
• Bilingual (fluent verbal and written)
• Experience in the following industries: Consumer banking/financial services, mortgage, retail or hospitality
Skills Used in this Role:
• Risk Management
• Customer Focus
• Decision Making
• Establishing Trust
• Learning Agility
• Overcoming Objections
• Performance Management
• Demonstrating Technology
• Time Management
• Sales Management
• Cash Management
• Building Rapport
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Bank of America is committed to help employees through the transition period when they’re displaced as a result of a workforce reduction, realignment or similar measure. Please review the resume writing and interviewing tips provided below to help prepare you for your next career opportunity.
Regardless of the position you are interested in, the starting points to building your resume are the same:
1. Determine the job or types of jobs you want to do and research their responsibilities and qualifications.
2. Think about why you can do the job and make a list of your skills that are relative to the job.
3. Identify experiences or accomplishments that show your proficiency in the skills required for the job.
4. Summarize your abilities, accomplishments and skills into a brief, concise document.
Considerations when writing a resume
• Do be brief. Resumes should be 1-2 pages in length.
• Do be upbeat and active in your wording.
• Do emphasize what you have done clearly and concretely.
• Do be neat and well organized.
• Do have others proofread and critique your resume. Spell check. Make it error free.
• Do use high quality, white or light colored 8½ x 11 paper. Use a laser printer if possible.
• Don't be dishonest, always tell the truth about yourself in the most flattering light.
• Don't include salary history or requirements.
• Don't include references.
• Don't include accomplishments that do not support your professional goals.
• Don't include anything that isn't relevant. (For example, don't mention your fondness for swimming unless you want to work on the water.)
• Don't use italics, underlining, shadows or other fancy treatments.
Seven steps to a successful interview
1. Anticipate –Put yourself in the interviewer's position. What do you believe the interviewer is most interested in? Why do you think you have been invited to interview?
2. Research –What are the primary functions of the line of business? What are the success factors for the job? Is there a job description available?
3. Assess –Think about your skills, abilities, knowledge, interests, traits, values and accomplishments. Match them to what you know about the job. Consider which ones you should highlight.
4. Prepare Answers –Think about what the interviewer may ask, determine what the best answer is and write it down.
5. Prepare Questions – Interviewing is a two-way street. By asking thoughtful questions, you communicate your interest and learn a lot about the job. Choose two or three questions to ask your interviewer. Avoid asking a lot of questions about vacation time or breaks.
6. Practice – It may seem awkward, but it is the best way to come across well in an interview. Practice your own "great responses" with others or in front of a mirror until you appear relaxed and at ease.
7. Follow-up – Send a brief follow-up letter to the interviewer. Keep in mind that the many job searchers will not send a follow-up letter. Sending one can become a competitive advantage.
Pay Transparency - http://careers.bankofamerica.com/global/pay-transparency.aspx
Privacy Statement - https://careers.bankofamerica.com/en-us/privacy-notice