Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist will assist and facilitate all tasks associated with the documentation of the relevant manufacturing process and resolution of events during production. The QA Specialist will also be responsible for supporting safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) of the team.
· Responsible for maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
· Understand the key technical concept of the relevant manufacturing process and relation to the production work order.
· Competency of the applicable quality manuals and HACCP plans as well as the critical control points and quality control points of the manufacturing areas they support.
· Facilitates cross-functional CAPA investigations for quality issues and process deviations within the Quality Record System.
· Coordinates immediate corrective actions such as product samplings or rework with the quality and distribution organizations.
· Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of required documentation.
· Effectively communicates within all levels the department and applicable cross-functional organizations.
· Reports on ineffective procedures, policy exceptions, discrepancies and any other potential gaps within the quality system recommends appropriate corrective actions.
· Consults with leadership to establish practices and procedures that comply with all applicable regulations.
This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott Nutrition regulations, policies, procedures or guidelines.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Some college or vocational schooling preferred.
Prior experience in food manufacturing or similar process with a heavy emphasis on computer based systems and procedures..
Must possess good verbal, computer, and technical writing skills. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat will be required within the role. Good interpersonal skills and ability to facilitate within in a team environment will be a critical assess. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Must also have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the plant operations by supporting the production of high quality. The position requires a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to think critically.
The salary for this role is between:N/A
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.