Global Legal Network is a group of professionals operating globally from 11 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centers of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Acquisitions and Corporate Advisory (ACA) is part of our Corporate Services. Our Acquisitions team provide expertise and accurate due diligence reviews to the M&A leads to match the type of business or company being acquired, such as its risk profile, customer base, and product lines, conducting synergies assessment by deal type (channel, scope, scale, technology) to ensure value is not lost during the integration. Additionally, the Corporate Support teams have a broad view into overall corporate operations to collaborate in key corporate areas such as (i) Corporate matters, (ii) E-Discovery, (iii) Litigation, (iv) Contract Documentation Alignment Team (CDAT), (v) Government Relations and (vi) Legal Cyber Review Team (LCRT).
As other corporate functions, ACA is also already focusing on technology disruption. The “three A’s” (automation, artificial intelligence, and analytics) are just a few technology disruptors that will likely shape the function in the near future.
Acquisitions provides end to end support throughout Accenture’s acquisition lifecycle from legal due diligence exercise to post-merger integration. The team supports review of client and vendor contracts and corporate documents of the target company in legal due diligence exercises, helping the V&A Legal teams to understand the target company’s risk profile and put in place the remediation plan for critical findings. The team also helps manage the post-merger integration activities to ensure a seamless transition of the target company’s contracts and business to Accenture.
· Requires identifying and assessing complex problems for area of responsibility. Creates solutions in situations in which analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
· Requires adherence to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals.
· Interaction is with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach.
· Some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Impact or Decision:
· Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
· Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
· Manages teams of GLN Acquisitions professionals that provide support to the Merger and Acquisitions (M&A), Legal Integration, V&A Procurement Plus, Contracting and other Legal Services and business teams (stakeholders) being responsible for the performance of the team and overall quality of work product for the scope of work identified for the Acquisitions team.
· Acting as the first Point of Contact (POC) for the Merger and Acquisitions (M&A), Legal Integration, V&A Procurement Plus teams for the scope of work identified for the Acquisitions team.
· Proactively manages the staffing profiles for the acquisitions projects and nominates the POCs for the specific project.
· Establishes strong working relationships with key Accenture acquisitions stakeholders.
· Excellent understanding of Accenture services, contracting and contract management policies, V&A procurement requirements and procedures, strong M&A knowledge; problem solving attitude; excellent communication skills; mentoring/coaching team members.
· Ability to take decisions and communicate effectively.
· Apply the internal GLN reporting process through the Function and Area Lead.
· Ability to manage work complexities and guide properly the team.
· Works effectively with the teams dispersed across geographies.
· Participates and owns trainings for the GLN professionals.
· Deliver value in supporting capacity for the most complex acquisitions and as lead for other complex issues.
· Understand stakeholders interests / pain points, ensuring pragmatic / impactful solution.
· Actively listens to stakeholders, respond in context, shifts focus / topics / agenda as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Law.
· 10 years’ + of experience at law firm and/or as in-house counsel and experience in coordinating a team.
· Excellent knowledge of M&A transactions, due diligence revisions, general corporate business practices, commercial contracting regulations, subcontracting practices, accounting and finance principles and ability to apply skills creatively to diverse stakeholder needs.
· Highly positive and collaborative outlook.
· Understands and able to navigate Accenture Legal and the Accenture business.
· Highly skilled and experienced in all aspects of M&A and PMI work at Accenture.
· Strong negotiation skills, executive presence and the ability to influence significant acquisitions’ matters decisions.
· Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
· Excellent sound business judgment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout the Accenture global organization.
· Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture.
· Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality.
· Leader as well as team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives
· Fluency in English and/or any other language(s) depending on geography supported.
· Experience in M&A Practice may be a plus.
At the heart of every great change is a great human. Every day ourPeople of Change are doing incredible things by working together to pursue our shared purpose–to deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity.
Come be part of our team–bring your ideas, ingenuity and determination to make a difference, and we’ll solve some of the world’s biggest challenges.
Around the globe, we work with exceptional people, the latest and greatest tech and leading companies across industries to create value for our clients, people and communities.
Choose a career with us, and together, let's create positive, long-lasting value.
Meet our exceptional people who are living their purpose and making a real, lasting, positive difference. EXPLORE #CAREERSAZ