The Cars Agency team is responsible for enabling the car rental services as part of our travel platform making integrations with car rental suppliers to offer a wider selection of options to our customers from a B2B and B2C perspective.
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team and contribute to developing impactful solutions to empower our service stack and help to the growth of our business unit. In this role, you will work closely with a team of engineers and product managers to build a flexible and scalable multi-tenant product that can be tailored to the needs of our customers. You will be instrumental in building and maintaining our backend infrastructure and API services with a strong sense of ownership.
If you have a product mindset, are passionate about software development for the travel industry, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you!\nResponsibilities / What would your day-to-day look like:
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!