Due to our growth, Imperva´s team is looking for a high energy and Partner centric Sales Engineer (SE), to join the Global Field Sales Team, who will travel extensively throughout Latin America (provided improvements in the conditions related to Covid). The company would prefer candidates residing in Bogota, São Paulo, Buenos Aires, or Mexico City. The Channel Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Channel Sales Managers, as part of the Global Sales Team and oversee the development and alignment of Imperva's solution offering with our channel partners within the assigned geographic region. The Channel SE is an integral part of the channel organization and assists the team with pre-sales technical knowledge, presentations, technical enablement and labs. They work closely with channel managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements and helps the partners fill the gaps in their knowledge around the solutions and how to improve and conduct selling Imperva.
- Define and execute the overall technical enablement strategy for our Latam channel partner community; plan, design, build and execute focus partner enablement and training activities, including onsite workshops, hands-on labs and remote webinars for the extended partner community.
- Drive partner official certification activities and metrics
- Manage the Regional Strategic Partner Engineering community and help address technical needs.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric and value-based selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Curate the collection of technical tools and materials the partners will frequently need and use during all stages of the sales process
- Understand and keep up to date on competitive advantages vs Imperva’s main competitors, and have the ability to articulate them in favor of the partner’s opportunities, as well as during training sessions.
- Confidently assess and help design joint business strategy with all levels of leadership within our channel partners’ organizations, particularly the partner sales team to strategize on sales initiatives to develop business.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via online meetings, and working with the partners at both a technical and business level to show how Imperva’s solutions can provide value to them and their customers.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows, conferences, and partner sales/marketing events, as needed.
- 7+ years of experience in network security, development, pre-sales engineering, or real world use of database and/or web application solutions; preferably with 3+ of these as a sales engineer and experience working in a start-up and vendor environment
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, database, security, and auditing environments
- Must have experience with Linux
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Compliance standards knowledge (PCI, SOX, HIPAA) – an advantage
- Knowledge in databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2) – a significant advantage
- Knowledge in application development (ASP, .NET, PHP, JSP) – an advantage
- Experience with scripting and/or using RegEx - an advantage
- Familiarity with various software development methodologies and concepts (e.g Agile, DevOps) is required
- Cloud Certifications from ISC2(CCSP), AWS, Azure, or GCP – a significant advantage
- Knowledge of advanced internet route selection protocols - an advantage
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Must be fluent or with advanced level of Spanish and English. Will be a significant advantage if also has Portuguese knowledge given the need for support to partners in Brazil
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups
- Possess experience in the elaboration and delivery of technical training to engineering teams.
- Requires 70% travel availability and flexibility
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to Imperva