(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
SweatWorks was founded to make technology relevant, accessible, functional and beautiful so that our partners can engage their clients like never before. We believe in embracing and using technology to solve problems, not create new ones. SweatWorks has grown from a boutique fitness agency into a leading technology firm that is creating some of the most innovative experiences for exceptional brands.
We are a force of digital strategists that create and implement extraordinary products for amazing clients. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, we work with clients to deliver digital solutions across web, mobile and all digital devices in between. From social networks to apps to complex content management systems, we have the capabilities to produce anything digital.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
SweatWorks, the leading technology company in the fitness industry, is hiring Node Back End Developers fluent in written and spoken English and interested in solving problems and creating solutions. In this role, you will be part of a full-stack development team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development and creation for our clients. From the initial specification through to developing, testing and ultimately the launch of the product, you’ll play an expansive role in the success of the organization.
As a developer, you will be working 75% on the back-end, and 25% on the front-end side.
This is a remote, full-time opportunity, to become a part of our international team.
- Design, build, test, and release back-end web applications in NodeJS
- Produce high-quality and robust solutions with special attention to security and performance
- Create data models and persistent structures in several repositories and databases
- Design and implement integration points (both provided and required APIs)
- Design, build, test, and release front-end web applications in React, optimizing the responsiveness of the applications
- Proactively collaborate with colleagues in high-performance teams
- Adhere to best practices and conventions
- Install, configure, and extend a variety of software systems, including version control systems, code peer review, compilation, continuous integration, performance data collection and analysis, systems monitoring, and more
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Experience working with relational databases and ORMs such as sequelize
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs with Express and NodeJS
- Experience integrating 3rd party services and APIs
- Experience working in a SCRUM environment
- Experience working with cloud platforms and services such as AWS or Azure
- Experience working with serverless frameworks
- Experience working collaboratively through Github
- Experience working with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
- Proven ability to improve quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Advanced verbal and written English communication
Nice to have:
- Experience with Serverless JS
- Experience with AWS Lambda, and AWS API Gateway
- Experience in Angular or other SPA frameworks such as React, Vue, Svelte
- Knowledge of SOLID design principles
- Knowledge of Clean Architecture, Clean code, and other practices
- Experience working with a microservice architecture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Home-Office Based Role
- Up to 25 paid time off days per year
- Up to 5 paid National Holiday time off
- Competitive health insurance coverage
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Reimbursement of internet and gym expenses
- Weekly English language classes
- Potential to travel to client sites internationally
- Working with the leading brands in fitness and wellness
- Work with a global team
- Ability to grow – SweatWorks is in hyper-growth mode, which means opportunities are endless for career development
SweatWorks is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.