Want to be a part of our team?
Provides primarily pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
Working at NTT
The primary responsibility of the Solutions Architect is to consult with the client and work with internal teams to create strategies, transformational designs and the architectural vision for complex solutions that address the clients’ needs. They provide multi-technology consulting services on all aspects of application software, infrastructure and related technology components.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
- Produces specifications of cloud-based or on-premises components, tiers and interfaces, for translation into detailed designs using selected services and products.
- Supports a change programme or project through the preparation of technical plans and application of design principles that comply with enterprise and solution architecture standards.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Monitors the external environment to gather intelligence on emerging technologies.
- Creates reports and technology roadmaps and shares knowledge and insights with others.
- Designs components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Creates multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the architecture and to handle both functional and non-functional requirements, including proof of concept (POC).
- Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications.
- Contribute to the development of new go to market services and contributes knowledge on relevant verticals.
- Operate across both the technical levels within the enterprise architecture and the value chain in order to develop holistic and integrated solutions.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Solid knowledge of multi-vendor service integrations and cross-functional software, OS’s and infrastructure designs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledgeable on how specific infrastructures and application software are deployed in line with relevant methodologies and frameworks
- Ability to develop and leverage their knowledge of reference architectures
- Ability to maintain knowledge of trends and development in technology domains
Academic qualifications and certifications:
- Qualification in Information Technology or Information Systems
- Certification and working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, SOA, ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- SAFe Scaled Agile certification advantageous
- Solid professional technical, IT or Operations experience within a large scale (preferably multi- national) technology services environment on the following areas: Software Development, Application Support and Infrastructure Support
- Some Project or Program Management experience would be preferred but not essential
- Proven client engagement and consulting experience coupled with solid experience in client needs assessment and change management
- Proven experience in integrating the solution for the particular project with the business domain, enterprise concerns, industry standards, established patterns and best practices
- Experience working in an agile development environment
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT family and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future.
We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
You’ll be joining a global employer that is committed to attracting, growing and keeping the best talent. A place where you will be at the heart of our success!