BETSOL is a cloud-first digital transformation and data management company offering products and solutions to both enterprises and consumers. BETSOL’s Data Management product lines include Rebit (Rebitgo.com) and Zmanda (Zmanda.com). BETSOL Global IT Services (BETSOL.com) builds and supports end-to-end enterprise solutions, reducing time-to-market for our customers. Our engineering team, with its several patents, delivers award-winning products and solutions in over 40 countries. Our work locations are set against the vibrant backdrops of Broomfield, Colorado and Bangalore, India. We offer comprehensive health insurance, competitive salary compensation, volunteer programs, scholarship opportunities, gym, cafe, recreational facilities and 401K. Our success is recognized with industry awards and a net promoter score that is 2x the industry average. We take pride in being an employee-centric organization. Learn more at betsol.com
Cloud Operations Engineer will be responsible for providing operational support for cloud infrastructure on Azure and customer support for Avaya cloud applications. The ideal candidate must have the ability to be engaged across multiple workflows (break/fix, planning, patching, release promotion, etc.) and work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues for internal and external customers. The candidate will be an internal representative for escalations and displays expertise in Cloud Platforms, Avaya applications, networking, and protocols.
Be part of Cloud Operations team and work with other functional groups and stakeholders and ensure the Cloud Platforms and Applications are stable, up and running.
- Participate in Cloud Operations and Support activities on a day-to-day basis maintaining continuous availability, durability, scale, and up time of the platform as well as services/applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging and ensuring the SLA is maintained for Avaya Cloud applications
- Monitor and manage Cloud based infrastructure (Azure)
- Participate in the 24x7 application support for internal and external customers
- Contribute significantly to customer satisfaction
- Manage Incident, Problem and Change Management requests remotely to Global Avaya Managed Service and Cloud accounts meeting SLA compliance.
- Follow prescribed escalation policies to ensure customer outages are resolved with the appropriate time frames. Expected to be process oriented following ITIL practices.
- Previous exposure supporting global customers, working in 24*7 environment
- Experience working in a Public Cloud, Private Cloud SaaS or Managed Service would be preferred
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
3+ years of Software/IT industry experience and 2+ years of hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Good understanding of public cloud concepts, especially Azure.
- Troubleshooting experience with Kubernetes, Containers and microservices architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with SaaS applications or Hybrid architectures.
- Should have working knowledge of Public/Hybrid Cloud/Virtualization, Windows/Linux servers, Database and Networking concepts.
- Troubleshooting skills with knowledge of Wireshark, Fiddler, Putty, network sniffs, etc.
- In-depth understanding of Session Initiated Protocol (SIP)
- Experience with APM & monitoring tools like Google Cloud Logging, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana etc.
- ITIL knowledge and certification would be an asset
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information
- Ability to prioritize and multitask as needed
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated Oral & Written Communication skills in English
- Experience in the following Avaya products will be an added advantage o Avaya Experience Platform o Avaya Aura (System Manager, Session Manager, CM) o Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise (ASBCE)
- Full time role servicing Avaya Global Customers.
- Willingness to be on call in a 24x7 environment primarily supporting the Americas regions
- No travel is required.
- Position is Remote / Virtual office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- (Desired) Microsoft Azure Certifications and/or Google Cloud Platform