Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture - one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
What you'll do and how you'll have an impact
As a Technical Support Engineer, you are an experienced and detail-oriented person capable of integrating product knowledge, research, and testing to answer complex questions about product behavior and provide end-to-end solutions to permanently fix the issue.
You will assist customer teams and other team members in understanding how customers can achieve desired outcomes using the product as it exists today.
The output of your efforts could range from FAQs and knowledge base articles that describe to customers how to operate the product to achieve selected outcomes to end-to-end coding solutions for the issue reported.
The role sits in the Provider Services org rolling up to the Director of Customer Support of AppDirect and will work closely with product managers, engineers and customer account managers. This is a great role for someone looking to progress into a Technical support engineering, sales engineering, or product manager role
- Oversee resolution of technical issues coming from channel partners and ISVs, including high-urgency issues requiring Engineering assistance.
- Fix and deliver the customer issues that need development efforts.
- Be a liaison between the customer-facing teams and the Product and Engineering org for management and resolution of all technical questions and issues.
- Maintain detailed documentation ranging from Knowledge Base articles to live to log incidents for post-mortems.
- Work closely with Account Managers and Technical Account Managers on training and oversight for resolution of channel technical support requests.
- Serve as either primary or backup on-call for urgent channel issues at all times.
- Ensure SLA obligations with channel partners are observed and met by other team members; escalate as necessary using judgment and discretion.
- Assist channels in optimizing their own support infrastructures by providing documentation, training materials, and training sessions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the AppDirect platform across all product lines and clearly articulate support decisions and findings.
- Work closely with internal teams to stay up to date on product features, changes, and issues.
What we're looking for
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Technical support engineering.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a SaaS company in software development/support engineering.
- Excellent database query and management skills (SQL, Sequel Pro, MySQL).
- Excellent knowledge of log analysis management tools such as Splunk and DataDog.
- Experience with the support or testing of APIs (Postman tool) and REST tools.
- You are comfortable interfacing with key individuals at major accounts in sensitive situations.
- Solid, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem-solving, and problem resolution.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance update.
- Familiarity of JIRA, Zendesk will be added an advantage.
- Overseeing Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management processes.
- Experience in the Agile working methodology with strong customer focus and experience working with cross-functional/ cross-department teams.
- Exposure to tools like Zendesk, JIRA, SPLUNK.
- A self-starter with strong organization skills, resolution management, and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- B.E. / B. Tech. / master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.