Area Manager (w/m/d)
The Operations Manager supports the Site Leader in leading a direct and indirect workforce to delivery customer satisfaction via a range of pre-defined metrics. The role is responsible for assisting in the management of a site to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
The Operations Manager will lead a team of Shift Supervisors, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of all relevant processes and install a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing.
Key job responsibilities
- Supporting the Delivery Station Manager and capable of taking over those leadership and management responsibilities in his absence.
- Lead a core group of high achieving shift managers and supervisors to maximize their team’s output and ability to meet exacting targets within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment.
- Enhances day-to-day integration with multiple Service Providers and Associates, using respective metrics to reduce operational risk and improve the efficient delivery to the customer.
- Managing and driving the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives in order to continually improve output in a sustainable manner.
- Mentor the management team, lead the workforce and be capable of identifying and developing talent.
- Able to proactively find solutions, develop new processes and lead change management in a safe and sustainable way.
- Able to inspire a customer-focused culture within our workforce and partners, in order to improve our delivery service and the overall customer experience.
- Develop a strong Health and Safety ethos across our operations. Ensure site practices are compliant with legislation and policy through effective monitoring, auditing and reviewing of practices on site.
- Experienced in working as a manager in the logistic/transportation industry and possess expertise and a solid understanding of carrier operations.
- A people person, able to inspire others and maintain morale.
- A self-starter can work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Able to problem solve using deep dive analysis and develop and manage projects to completion.
- Strong in your oral and written communication skills, with an ability to influence through careful and well-structured argument.
- Able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Excel trained with an ability to utilize and manipulate multiple data sources in order to assess performance.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
- Experience in managing an operation lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- Enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Posted: April 26, 2023 (Updated 1 day ago)
Posted: April 26, 2023 (Updated 1 day ago)
Posted: April 28, 2023 (Updated 1 day ago)
Posted: March 27, 2023 (Updated 1 day ago)
Posted: March 28, 2023 (Updated 1 day ago)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.