At Expo City our people are committed and enthusiastic about their part in delivering the World Expo's legacy and showcasing Expo City Dubai as a a hub of sustainability, education and culture with an exciting lineup of events. Our HR team supports everyone across the organisation throughout their employment lifecycle by developing and implementing human-centric strategies and approaches, so that we can all do the best work of our lives in a positive and nurturing corporate culture.
The Senior Manager Learning and Development is responsible for developing and implementing an organizationwide Learning & Development strategy that facilitates and drives individual development and capacity building in line with Expo City Dubai requirements
The role leads and delivers on all aspects of professional development programmes for Expo City Dubai. Its purpose is to create a culture of continuous learning and ensure clear, timely and efficient delivery of development and culture programmes and initiatives.
The role will also manage other initiatives to educate our employees and promote a culture of lifelong learning to increase overall productivity and employee engagement and retention.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Creates the Learning and development strategy;
Participates in yearly planning cycles including budgeting and resource planning.
- Conducts Training Needs Analysis using both structured and informal methods to capture requirements across the entity
- Conceptualises innovative and flexible methods to address the developmental and capacity building needs identified, including identification of external training programs and conferences, the design and delivery of in-house training sessions, enrolment in online learning programs, mentoring, self-learning, and other methods as appropriate.
- Develops a comprehensive L&D Plan based on the developmental needs and methods identified
- Drives and facilitates the implementation of the L&D Plan to ensure smooth execution with effective outcomes; providing thought leadership around program design and delivery
- Maintains a keen understanding of learning & development trends, developments and best practices.
Reporting & Administrative Responsibilities
- Monitors and evaluates both structured and informal methods used; making continuous improvements in the approach, process and methods as appropriate
- Refines existing systems and processes, and sets up new processes as required, including: preparing and tracking the annual L&D Budget; creating and updating the Training Calendar; tracking training attendance; capturing feedback on training programs as well as conferences and workshops
Tracks L&D related data and generating regular reports as required
- Monitor and manage Training Key Performance Indicators to ensure adherence and report on the same monthly
People Responsibilities & Business Partnering
- Supports the HRBPs by designing or sourcing development actives that addressed the needs of the teams;
- Leads the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management for direct reports;
- Sets objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues;
- Embeds culture of Expo City Dubai by role-modelling organisational behaviours through performance management, feedback and coaching.
Learning and development operational responsibilities
- Designs, develops and executes the corporate training plan
- Organises and plays a lead role in the New Hire Orientation programme to enable a seamless integration of new joiners in to Expo city Dubai and its culture
- Designs and develops a yearly training calendar
- Oversees the rollout of various training programmes and initiatives;
- Tracks, measures and reports the metrics on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Leads and delivers the learning and development strategy that addresses the career development aspirations and supports in capability building and Knowledge retention;
- Identify gaps in Program requirements and recommend training and development interventions.
- Designs and develops dynamic training programs and modules required to meet business needs and objectives, in line with the learning and development strategy
- Consults with departments and individuals in defining and developing training content for functions and defined job roles, and in selection and distribution of training materials.
- Supports and leads on activities that may require specialist expertise across the team;
- Closely manages internal relationships with all departmental heads and training champions
- Manages all data in relation to learning and development activities across the programme lifecycle
- Partners with the business to understand additional needs which arise due to high profile or critical events taking place at the Expo City Dubai Site
- Develops a strategy around Learning and development offerings to address the requirements of temporary high-profile events
- Identifies, sources and Manages all learning and development Design and delivery outsourced to agencies
- Assess, recommends and implements learning technologies and solutions
- Designs and delivers Leadership programmes
- Leads in auditing, reviewing and evaluating training programmes, materials, assessments, and practices to determine programme impact and ensure business needs are met, isolating any solutions for improvement
- Coach and guide employees on a one on one basis from time to time;
Additional Key Responsibilities
- Ensures overall Learning and development approach is relevant;
- Arranges UAE National specific development programmes
- Embeds the Expo vision and values and company culture in to training content where possible;
- Identifies ways to improve capability development to align to Expo City Dubai’S strategic goals.
10+ years of experience specialising in Human Resources, Training and development or Talent development as well as:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably within a relevant field
- CIPD Diploma in Learning and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent intrapersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Supportive and cooperative
- Emotionally intelligent
- Good understanding of data analysis and reporting
- Good leadership skills
- Proactive nature
- Understands strategy development
- Wellbeing, focusing on building psychological and physical wellbeing for self and others.
- Understanding of how wellbeing can be applied in the workforce
- Able to run senior executive events, including Town Halls