Business Unit: GEMS METROPOLE SCHOOL - MOTOR CITY
Location: UAE - Dubai
Closing Date 31-Mar-2023
About the Role GEMS Metropole are looking for an outstanding, innovative, Head of Primary to join the team and play a key role on the Executive Leadership Team supporting the Principal/ CEO in driving forward the Primary school from August 2023.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support, alongside shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
You will also take a lead on moving the school towards Outstanding BSO and Very Good DSIB inspection rating in the coming years.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
• Overseeing all aspects of provision in the Primary School as the school develops.
• Ensuring high quality care and support for students in the Primary School.
• Ensuring high academic standards in the Primary School in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
• Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
• An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate success of leading and managing staff including promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning.
• Experienced in developing teacher’s skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy from FS to Y6 or a significant age range span.
• Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered for all learners to ensure everyone can succeed.
• Knowledgeable in computational thinking and skills needed to succeed through vocational pathways or a willingness to learn about these.
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.
• Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification
• 10 years’ educational experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role
• NPQH or other relevant senior leadership qualifications (desirable)
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
Working with GEMS offers you a unique opportunity to enhance and progress your career in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest K-12 private school operator.
About Your Benefits All positions attract an excellent remuneration package About GEMS
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
GEMS Metropole School, located in Motor City in Dubai, opened its doors in September 2014 and has continued to flourish and grow in student number and stature. The school is now open to students from FS1 to Year 13 with an all-through school capacity of 4200 students offering the National Curriculum for England.
The school has become well-known for their key areas of success, such as a strong community approach to education, highly inclusive school support to strong secondary options at Key Stage 4 and academic and vocational choices at Key Stage 5. In addition, the school has well-equipped classrooms, a highly competitive sports department, a farm, digital media rooms, innovation laboratories, dedicated science labs, music, art rooms and libraries.
Most recently the school has completely overhauled its digital strategy to lay the foundations to further its position as a leader in associated technologies in the region, focusing on the use of technology to a. enhance the learning experience of our students through experiential learning through the use of AR and AI technology b. improve feedback and communication between the student/teacher and teacher/parent and c. help reduce staff time and workload, helping to improve teacher wellbeing and reduce burnout.
Students from our Foundation Stage classes have access to attractive indoor and outdoor learning areas to explore and investigate, high quality Information Technology provision and Science provision to develop IT and Science-based literacy, and most recently a language hub to support key language skills across school.
In the Primary section, with the use of 1:1 technologies, students and teachers use iPads and interactive whiteboards to enhance learning opportunities where appropriate. The Secondary school continues to develop and grow and has seen the LEAD and skills programme blossom supporting students to make informed decisions and develop their learning and leadership skills. A new focus of personalised pathways is supporting students in their preparation for life after school and their journey towards success. In conclusion, GEMS Metropole School is a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) with the School Principal as a BSME Country Rep. This allows both teachers and students alike to continue to grow and develop with the rich traditions of the National Curriculum offerings and align itself with ‘like schools’ across the region and overseas.
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application.
To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
In line with the UAE's Emiratisation goals, GEMS welcomes and encourages applications from UAE nationals to join our fast-growing team.
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.