Career Opportunities: Head of Regional Strategy and PMO (46384)
Requisition ID 46384 - Posted 02/24/2023 - Other - United Arab Emirates - Dubai - SIG Combibloc Obeikan FZCO - Full Time - Travel: Up to 25% - Unlimited contract
ARE YOU OUR NEXT GENERATION OF TALENT? YOU MAY BE OUR NEW REGIONAL STRATEGY AND PMO HEAD
SIG is a leading packaging solutions provider for a more sustainable world. With our unique portfolio of aseptic carton, bag-in-box, and spouted pouch we work in partnership with our customers to bring food and beverage products to consumers around the world in a safe, sustainable and affordable way. Our technology and outstanding innovation capabilities enable us to provide our customers with end-to-end solutions for differentiated products, smarter factories and connected packs, all to address the ever-changing needs of consumers. Sustainability is integral to our business and we are going Way Beyond Good to create a net positive food packaging system.
Founded in 1853, SIG is headquartered in Neuhausen, Switzerland. The skills and experience of our approximately 8,100 employees worldwide enable us to respond quickly and effectively to the needs of our customers in over 100 countries. In 2021, SIG produced 45 billion packs and generated €2.5 billion in revenue (incl. Scholle IPN unaudited revenue). SIG has an AA ESG rating by MSCI, a 13.4 (low risk) score by Sustainalytics and a Platinum CSR rating by EcoVadis. For more information, visit www.sig.biz .For insights into trends that drive the food and beverage industry, visit our SIGnals blog: www.sig.biz/signals/en . KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Importance and aim of the job
Develop, lead, and facilitate the regional strategy agenda and roadmap setting for SIG MEA in the region. Define and construct an integrated, coherent business direction; etablish a reliable and consistent KPI tracking and monitoring system, in close collaboration with senior leadership across the region, and in collaboration and alignment with global strategy. Must be highly skilled at influencing without authority.
Identify business priorities and develop Business Strategic Outlook, BRM structure
- Define impactful external and internal drivers & assess the impact on business opportunities & challenges.
- Work in close collaboration with the leadership team and key stakeholders within the region and globally, to lead the business priorities and agenda for a 5-year time horizon.
- Construct and own the process of developing the strategic plan with and through the various markets & functions, encompassing setting a clear direction for the region in line with global strategy, developing strategy documentation, as well as a prioritized agenda for key initiatives and projects, while ensuring the alignment of relevant stakeholders/ teams.
- Identify and recommend opportunities and business priorities across markets and functions and facilitate priority setting workshops with the leadership team, & lead functional teams in framing their relevant priorities.
- Align, lead and develop the annual BRM presentation, including how these are translated into functional and market specific execution plans and how it has impacted performance ytd, ensuring a visible red thread Strategy-into-Execution
- Lead the agenda and drive and faciliate the development of quarterly functional and market BRMs, in close collaboration with functional owners, Heads of Markets and EMT.
Define, lead and Manage Key Strategic Initiatives and cross-business projects including Tariffs and Duties
- Lead key strategic projects that emerge post defining the business priorities and longer-term direction; this may include deep dives into specific markets or categories, or working with a particular function to develop their relevant strategic agenda in line with the region’s strategy. Also includes leading, adapting and managing the Duties and Tariffs projects for the business.
- Partner with & coach strategic initiatives owners on adopting structured thinking & problem solving methodologies in approaching and managing projects
- Translate the strategic initiatives into a tangible agenda & action plans and ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and managed.
- Own the development and implementation of the strategic plan timeline, guidelines and templates leading to business delivery.
Project management: Design & manage a mechanism to enable strategy execution & deployment; Issue SDDS process
- Establish and manage the company’s project management framework, tools, templates and best practices. Always keep them up to date based on internal learning’s as well as industry best practices.
- Drive prioritization & focus behind priority areas in line with business direction to ensure the focused utilization of team resources.
- Develop a scorecard monitoring mechanism to gauge and direct the implementation of SI’s, Cross-functional and cross-regional initiatives.
- Coach company Project managers on creating appropriate SI “project charters” in line with the SIG MEA Compelling Business Need and Strategic focus areas (where to play / how to win) and support PMs in the definition of their SI key objectives, processes, organization design as well as business processes needed on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor and Improve PM KPIs and Metrics: Be responsible to analyze and improve process and organizational metrics and KPIs
- Based on the above, align and issue the annual SDDS (Strategy Development and Deployment System) consolidated workflow and timeline, and support the Communications lead for timely and comprehensively documented submission for the KAQA (King Abdulaziz Quality Awards).
YOU BRING THESE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Strong and proven ability to influence without authority
- Positive attitudes and good interpersonal skills, PMP Certified, Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoin
- Proficient in English, German/Arabic/French is preferred
- 10 + years of experience in a similar role
Our people are the foundation of our growth. You will join a team of dreamers and doers. Thinkers creating innovative products and solutions while collaborating all over the world. A team of individuals as diverse as the markets we work in. Working with SIG means being a direct contributor to one of the world’s leading system suppliers of carton packaging and filling machines for food and beverages. Sustainability is integral to our business and you will be a valued addition in creating the most sustainable packaging solution on the market.