Project Manager Datacenter Design page is loaded
Project Manager Datacenter Design
Apply locations Dubai, ARE time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id REQ270859
How we support the Whole You:
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people and provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs and resources to increase their personal and financial security.
- Provide effective leadership and management for project delivery, ensure timely and quality performance by the project team, responsible for all facets of project performance.
- Responsible for the supervision of design documents submission by the design team to ensure that the submissions are made on time and the review of the design documents from the technical advisor/consultant is turned around with in the assigned project program timeline.
- Identify if there are any conflicts or discrepancy in the review outcome from the consultant and resolve any conflicts between the design team and review team by arranging and leading workshop meetings.
- Review of the value engineering proposals and alternate material requests from the contractor to analyze any possible cost benefit to the client in coordination with the commercial team.
- Review of the Prequalification of contractors during tender stage and provide a recommendation to the client on selection of contractors.
- Arrange coordination and planning meeting with the contractor and the client to ensure the successful delivery of the project on time.
- Manage and coordinate all the design related activities during concept design, schematic design, Detailed design and Issued for construction (IFC) stage.
- Manage and coordinate all the construction related activities to ensure all the activities followed by the contractor are as per the project programme.
- Discuss with the project planning team and project control team to understand the progress of the project and accordingly analyze the monthly progress report submitted by the contractor. The same will be discussed directly to the project director.
- Prepare responses to contractor’s letter & queries on throughout the project.
- Coordinate with various disciplines and develop and risk register with mitigation plans from the beginning of the project.
- Ensure to deliver the project on time within the budget in compliance to Employer’s requirements
- Design, Budgeting, Supervision of Installation, Commissioning to ensure quality of works of ICT&S systems - (Physical Security Information Management System (PSIM), CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, Intercom, Gate Barrier, Hostile Vehicle Mitigation, Speed gate, Audio Visual and structured Cabling System).
- Prepare design of ICT&S systems as per client’s requirement by attending multiple meetings with various client’s operation teams and obtain client approval.
- Liase with Authorities to obtain the approval on design drawings.
- Coordinate with internal multidisciplinary team (Civil, Architecture, Electrical, Mechanical, Infra & Planning) to develop a proper design.
- Prepare equipment schedule, calculations, design drawings (floor layout with field devices, installation details, schematic drawing) in co-ordination with CAD team.
- Coordinate with various suppliers and prepare budget for the client approved design and discuss with client for supporting them to arrive at a final budget to issue the tender within the design process timeline.
- Review and approval on Contractor’s Materials Submittal, material samples, Method of Statement, Shop Drawings, Technical Submittals, Operation and Maintenance manual and As-built drawings in line with relevant specification and project requirements.
- Conduct regular (daily) site inspections and certify the installation works ensuring quality and compliance with the contract documents.
- Arrange weekly progress meeting with system integrators, contractors, and client operation team to discuss site progress, challenges, and project timelines to avoid any conflicts.
- Monitoring the ICT&S works for conformance with the provisions of the Contract documents and ensuring compliance with specification and Contract drawings.
- Inspection of the delivered materials and approve them as per approved material submittal, contract BOQ and with the support of proper shipping documents to verify the genuineness/COO of the product.
- Recommend the client to upgrade the technical design for long term projects if the issued design is getting outdated and it is necessary for the future operation.
- Prepare Site Instructions, Non-Conformance Report (NCR) and letters to contractor in case of any change of contract documents or for any deviations as per specification.
- Ensure that safety of work methods, procedures & installation are complying with HSE plan.
- Carry out the final testing inspection after commissioning of the system to hand over the works followed by training and ensure that the systems are operational as per the project requirements.
Identify, onboard, and offboard design resources in coordination with department leadership (as needed to support project execution)
Lead data center core and shell due diligence and design projects (including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, security, and fire protection for greenfield and add/move/change projects) from start to finish, ensuring budget/schedule adherence, satisfaction of design requirements, and repeatable quality.
Develop and enforce multi-site project and program management plans.
Administer, oversee, and perform peer review and quality checks in line with client and AECOM standards.
Oversee and maintain responsibility for project basis of design and localization process.
Establish and oversee a process to detect, track and resolve scope changes, errors, or inconsistencies throughout the design process.
Host and attend meetings with clients and external stakeholders.
Manage and grow AECOM’s data center design team, fostering a sense of comradery, collective ownership, and collaboration.
Proactively manage and communicate change throughout the project both within AECOM and to our clients.
Identify problems early and develop creative solutions.
Proactively communicate with all stakeholders to provide project updates and resolve outstanding issues.
Develop technical and financial proposals for new and add/move/change data center design projects
Develop trusting relationships with client stakeholders/buyers
Oversee preparation of project administration documents including:
- Design status updates
- Action item/risk tracker
- Meeting minutes
- Quality reports
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Activate your Personal JLL Job Alerts
Activate your Personal Job Alerts now and receive opportunities as soon as they are advertised.
Current JLL Employees
If you're a current JLL employee, please apply using the Internal Career Site
Careers with Ambition
0:00 / 2:57
A culture of belonging. Rewarding opportunities. And a diverse global community shaping the future of real estate for a better world. See what a better world means to JLLers around the globe.
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. JLL shapes the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 103,000 as of December 31, 2022. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com .