Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Majid Al Futtaim Entertainment invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The role of Sales Director is a regional role responsible for revenue and growth strategy optimisation across Majid Al Futtaim Entertainment. Leading the sales division, the Sales Director is responsible for planning, developing, and executing the commercial strategy for MAFE with the aim of increasing revenue, retaining and growing the customer base, increasing distribution channels, setting sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed targets. An essential part of this role is building and maximising partnerships and driving innovation and new revenue streams by further commercialising all assets.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Strategy, Planning & Leadership
- Leads sales team with clear focus and direction; sets priorities and keeps team focused on highest potential revenue opportunities aligned with the priorities of the broader business.
- Maximises the potential of existing partnerships and onboards high potential new partners to drive revenue and customer acquisition.
- Oversees bank and telco ticket offers and keeps business abreast of trends and developments that are important to maintaining the status quo of this stream of revenue
- Continually targets and prospects new business, further commercialising MAF Entertainment’s assets and works with Holding team to leverage shared partner portfolios where appropriate.
- Works closely with pricing and revenue management, along with legal team for commercial contracting.
- Ensures all deals and rates are set in accordance with team’s targets whilst remaining competitive, driving ROI and are both strategic & sustainable.
- Drives commercial creativity and innovation. Sets a strong distribution/reseller strategy and proactive approach.
- Develops a well-documented framework and file management system in order to track contractual terms, service clients and drive efficiencies in sales planning and implementation process
- Works closely with Finance and Strategy teams during annual planning and budgeting process to set targets, KPIs and sales forecasts
- Utilizes analytics tools and works with the analytics team in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance, attaining insights, and taking action to optimise performance and driving continuous improvement.
- Provide expertise on current commercial industry best practices, maintaining current working knowledge of the competition and awareness of sales techniques and practices
- Provide feedback on changing marketing conditions, including trends in the competition, macro and micro economic trends impacting sales, as well as insights from key partners on sales performance
- Maintains a strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, presenting a comprehensive yearly plan and monthly sales tracking model to showcase pipeline and progress
- Works closely with key internal stakeholders to develop strategies for brands and new emerging markets
- Plays a hands-on role to mentoring the sales department , r esponsible for managing, coaching, and developing direct reports
- Works collaboratively within the marketing department to help set annual strategy and KPIs
- Liaises with multiple internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to CEO, CFO, Strategy Director, CMO, Regional Leads, and MAF Holding to ensure success in the role
- Develops regular communication and reporting mechanisms, to ensure that all internal and external stakeholders are kept informed of sales revenue , forecasts and performance
- Responsible for managing relationships with all external partners, sponsors and internal stakeholders
Definition of Success
- Ensures revenue growth targets are defined and achieved with focus on ROI and monitoring of key metrics
- Monitors sales and commercial activities to ensure delivery and ensure KPI’s and targets are successfully met
- Be a visible, reliable figurehead within the commercial function internally and externally
Other Context (if applicable):
Performs any additional adhoc requests as required by Line Manager
- Strong leadership skills: ability to manage and motivate a diverse sales organisation
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Requires a strong leader happy to roll up their sleeves who has the interest in and ability to evaluate, plan, implement and influence positive change throughout the organisation to drive superior results.
- Ha s a positive attitude toward challenges and the drive to excel .
- Entertainment/ attraction industry experience useful but not essential.
- Proven success delivering exceptional business results in a collaborative business environment.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in sales negotiation.
- Experience in deal execution and sales reporting.
- Proven track record of delivering planned objectives at a senior level.
- Strategic thinker; creative problem solver.
- 10+ years of experience working as a commercial leader.
- Strong leadership skills, with at least 7 years’ experience leading Commercial Teams