Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Engineering Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country United Arab Emirates Application Deadline 30/03/2023 - 02:00 (UTC) Type of Contract Permanent Job Status Full-time Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme? Not funded by an EU programme Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure? No
- To provide high quality technical support to the research center and projects thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- To support the research and educational activities of the robotics academic programs, including supporting student teams on robotic competitions and providing lab instructions.
- Coordinates day to day operations of the assigned laboratory and the assigned laboratory staff;
- Ensures work is carried out and performed to the required standards;
- Supports in lab instruction, when required;
- Monitors and maintains an organized, clean and safe working environment in labs and ensures compliance with work related legal, health and safety standards;
- Contributes to recruitment, training, development and performance appraisal of the assigned lab staff;
- Ensures stock of equipment and consumables within a pre‐set level of expenditure;
- Supports in identifying and purchasing of lab equipment, following consultation with appropriate faculty and working closely with procurement/facilities management/fiancé departments
- Supports in budget preparation by highlighting resource requirements such as equipment, manpower and space;
- Contributes to development of policies and procedures of Dept.
- Advises faculty and students on all aspects of technical support services
Works closely with direct supervisor to provide excellent lab services to faculty, students and researchers.
- BS or MSc on Robotics, Mechanical, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Any relevant certifications are added advantage.
- Laboratory Work Experience in Robotics related projects / Electronic Circuits, Microcontroller Electronics and Embedded system design would be preferred.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team ([email protected] ).