Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Code: 140/001/861
Salary: AED 14,000 – 17,000
Industry: Plastic Manufacturing
– Creates company’s supply chain strategy.
– Takes the overall responsibility of Order to Delivery cycle and customer complaint resolution management.
– Ensures LPO are properly bucketed in the production plan as per the customer requirement by optimizing the internal resources and capacity.
– Ensures all internal functions (planning, production, and warehouse & logistics) are aligned to deliver what customer wanted within the committed lead-time.
– Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues.
– Evaluate and report on KPIs.
– Monitor logistics to make sure they run smoothly.
– Maintain supply chain inventory and records.
– Train and guide employees.
– Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes.
– Resolve issues that come up (e.g., delays in delivery, accidents).
– Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth.
– Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain (e.g., use of trucks, pickups, forklifts).
– Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards.
– Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to land more profitable deals.
– Ensures availability of all materials in line with production planning.
Warehouse & Logistics
– Designs overall FG and RM inventory levels based on the business situation.
– Ensures inventory is periodically analyzed and necessary actions are taken to reduce inventory cost by reducing non-moving goods.
– Ensures proper warehousing techniques are implemented for effective identification, traceability and following of FIFO system.
– Ensures delivery of goods as per the plan.
– Ensures periodic stock taking and declares variation if any with the management.
– Improves systems and process to reduce / eliminate stock variation.
– Optimizes logistics in coordination with sales, planning and production department and reduces cost as per the business plan.
Customer complaint management
– Ensures documentation of all customer queries and complaints with respect to product quality and delivery.
– Initiates necessary action and appraises the customer accordingly.
– Ensures all complaints are resolved as per the lead-time.
– Takes necessary action to avoid repeating of such complaints from customers.
– Improves systems and processes using technology (ERP) and drives implementation by managing change and people.
– Trains employees in setting their target and achieving the same.
– Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursues excellence.
– Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
– Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
– Evaluates / Reviews individual performance on a weekly / monthly basis and gives feedback for their improvement in performance.
– Identify opportunities for improvement with team members and makes constructive suggestions for changes.
– Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
– Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
– Identifies the loop holes in the system and suggests improvements to protect the company’s goods and image.
– Ensures all relevant reports are made with accuracy and as per the timelines and submits to the management.
– Candidate must have UAE experience handling similar role in a midsize manufacturing company.
– Good knowledge about process flows from Sales order to Product delivery.
– Graduate engineer / post-graduate with 10-12 years of experience in handling production planning, control and warehouse management.
– Should have managed a team of at least 7 – 8 professionals.
– Has knowledge about vendor base and procurement in plastic industry.
– Has ability to manage bigger operational teams and conflicts.
– Has knowledge about logistics vendors, rules and regulations of the market.
– Maintains confidentiality about company’s information like customer data, sales data, etc.
– Has ability to improve systems and processes using new technology and drive the implementation by managing changes.
Please visit our jobs page to check out our current list of vacancies.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay updated regarding our upcoming opportunities.