To provide support and offer relevant local labour legislation to the G eneral Manager and Senior HR Advisor in all areas of Human Resources. To provide objective and professional support to Managers and Supervisors ensuring that procedures are applied objectively and proportionately across the company.
Directly Reports To
Indirectly Reports To
- Employment law solicitors, recruitment agencies and training providers
Communication and Teamwork
- Assist managers and supervisors to apply policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Work within the HR team to provide optimum service and support to the business.
- Work with vendors to provide optimum service and support to the business.
- Build strong working relationships with team members and all levels of staff.
- Work in all areas of the ‘recruitment life cycle’.
- Ensure all HRM systems comply with legislative requirements.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data to assist in management reporting and decision making.
- Be approachable and visible to all staff.
- Work across departments to ensure a smooth interface with Payroll, Operations and R&D departments.
- Liaise with external consultants as required.
- Work within the realms of teamwork to achieve the business goals.
- Operational managers to monitor absence levels, and where relevant, seek an early resolution on any issues relating to absence.
- Work with external employment law advisors as required to ensure that STATS is protected as far as possible from legal challenge.
- Work with other HR professionals in the sector to benchmark and share best practice.
- Promote HRM processes and procedures in a professional and consistent manner.
- Undertake investigations as and when required.
- Support managers through formal meetings as required.
- Maintain a professional and ethical standpoint at all times.
Advice and Problem Solving
- Be approachable, supportive and visible to all staff.
- Provide consultancy, support and advice to managers and supervisors in areas of local labour law and employee relations taking into account procedures and best practice.
- Review HR policy and procedures at regular intervals, making recommendations for change and improvement to ensure these remain up to date and fit for purpose.
- Review the use of the HR database and information systems and make suggestions for improvements to ways in which date is stored and analysed.
Planning and Organizing Workload
- Work flexibly as required to meet changing business requirements.
- Focus on the businesses goals and prioritise accordingly.
- Manage own workload to meet deadlines and ensure a timely response to requests for information or assistance.
Local Labour Legislation
- Be familiar with the relevant local labour legislation and work with the HR team to support in the transfer of knowledge.
- Hold a good knowledge of Employment Law, legislation & trends in the Middle East region.
- Ensure the local labour legislation is implemented effectively in all areas of the HR function.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and relevant paperwork is complete.
- To comply with STATS integrated Management System when carrying out project engineering tasks.
- BSc / BEng (Hons) and / or MSc in Mechanically biased subjects.
Internal Training Requirements
- Environmental Awareness
- STATS Internal Courses – Basic Level
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Significant experience in all areas of Human Resources and proven track record of working with managers in all areas of conduct, competency and absence management.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest local labour legislation and business issues relating to Human Resources.
- Preference is to hold experience in the development of a team to support in the growth of the business.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills including the ability to negotiate and also ability to present professional reports.
- Good logic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a demanding environment.
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to act as a trainer and coach for staff, managers and people who use our services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages and ability to use databases and spreadsheets to collate, analyse data and present management information.
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources or equivalent – desired but not essential.
- Team player.
- Practical/hands on approach.
- Happy to work at all levels.
- Problem solving.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.